Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my promo holster to day but not the magazine for the XD sub. The printed invoice shows QTY ORD 1 and she inked in -1.So I guess, hope I get the 15 round mag for the sub later.

Ed

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'd follow up on it with SA. They do get delayed time to time.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you are getting a 15 round magazine for a SubCompact it's going to be a regular length mag like the ones for the Service and Tactical. The only shorty mags from SA that fit the Subcompact will hold 10 9's and 9 .40's. I called them and asked if they were going to make any higher round mags for the Sub's and I got a "No".

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BigGun97B said:
If you are getting a 15 round magazine for a SubCompact it's going to be a regular length mag like the ones for the Service and Tactical. The only shorty mags from SA that fit the Subcompact will hold 10 9's and 9 .40's. I called them and asked if they were going to make any higher round mags for the Sub's and I got a "No".
Some of the promo packages came with for the sub came with a 15 rd with a sleeve on the mag.

Ed

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just got the Springfield Armory 2005 catalog and the XD catalog today. In the XD catalog they show the new style mag for the SubCompact. They are XD-Gear X-Tension sleeves. These things are great looking. It's a full size mag (9mm-15 round, .40-12 round) with a cool base that fits right into the base of the pistol and makes it look like a 3" barrelled Service. The mags are $35.95. I'm buying two 9's. The new XD Gear Paddle Holster in $34.95, does anyone know how the SubCompact fits/looks in that holster? I'm thinking of getting one of those also. Springfield says the new SubCompacts will come with 1 regular mag and 1 XD-Gear X-Tension Sleeve mag.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forgot to add to post. The holster is extremly tight even with the tension screw backed out.The way to loosen it up is to tighten the tension screw up a lot with the pistol in it for a while.Worked great.Just make sure you will not need it in a hurry because it will not come out.

Ed

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
blackpanther said:
Got my promo holster to day but not the magazine for the XD sub. The printed invoice shows QTY ORD 1 and she inked in -1.So I guess, hope I get the 15 round mag for the sub later.

Ed
Called Debbie and the order was split due to not having the sub 15 round Magazine for the sub.She said I should have it in about two weeks.

Ed

·
Registered
30 Posts
I talked with SA about three weeks ago and they said 30 to 45 days on the mag. I told them just to ship it (my holster and mag) when they had everything. I was at sportsmans warehouse yesterday and they had the XD GEAR holster there. I borrowed an SC and stuck it in there and it fits nicely. They wanted only 26.00 for the holster there. Cheaper than the $35 SA wants.

·
Registered
885 Posts
BigGun97B said:
I just got the Springfield Armory 2005 catalog and the XD catalog today. In the XD catalog they show the new style mag for the SubCompact. They are XD-Gear X-Tension sleeves. These things are great looking. It's a full size mag (9mm-15 round, .40-12 round) with a cool base that fits right into the base of the pistol and makes it look like a 3" barrelled Service.
I saw one at a gun show in Houston last weekend. It was a package deal, and they would not sell me just the mag with X-tension. With the extended mag in the SC, it feels just like a service or tactical grip. I have the Pearce grip extensions on my mags which greatly improves feel over the factory SC grip/mags, but the back-strap is still a bit shorter than the service/tactical. The X-tensions fix that.
It would be nice for the range, but the longer grips are a bit too long for a carry weapon - for me.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I bought a couple XD pistols sometime in December and when I saw that promo ad on the back page of some gun magazine I wrote springfield an email asking if I could get in on that deal and they said yes so I emailed them my two gun receipts and when they got those they said to call a particular person that will take my shipping info so I did that, he said I'll get a holster and a mag. for each pistol. When I asked him when I'll get them, he said they were out but should get them restocked in about 2 weeks but they would probably have them a little less than that but after almost 3 weeks I sent an email to him asking about it and he said that they still haven't arrived and he doesn't know when they'll get them in. I placed my order for the promo sometime in late Jan. I noticed someone already got their promo package so I hope I'll be getting mine soon as well. Maybe it's just that they have a lot of people to ship them out to so it's taking a while to go down thourgh the big list...

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had the same problem of the XD Gear holster being super tight. I asked about it and the guys here suggested that i spray some silicon lubricant spray on it and then wipe it dry after a while. I did exactly that and now, it's no problem getting my xd service out of that holster. Before i sprayed it, that holster was so tight that it felt like it was going to rip my pants to try and get my pistol out of it.

give the silicon spray lube a try, it was also suggested that i could use armourall if i didn't have silicon spray.

it's very important that you wipe the entire holster dry after you let it sit for a while. i let mine sit about 30 minutes before wiping it.

-Chris

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just got mine yesterday after ordering on 1/11/05, no magazine. Took it out of the plastic and tried to slide it over my belt and it cracked in half! What a POS! Called Springfield said send it back, but had no idea when the mag would be here. This has been a disappionting experience.

On that same date ordered a custom made leather Fist holster and Don Hume belt, and it came in on Monday. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I sh1t you not, as I was reading about the third post here, the fedex guy knocked and dropped a box at my door (why couldnt you have posted sooner :)

Let me open the box and see what is in here... hold on...

I got one hi cap 12 round magazine and the paddle holster..

I thought we were supposed to get more mags???

Thanks for posting and bringing me luck...

T

·
Registered
298 Posts
Bought mine from the gunshop as a package deal they got from the SHOT show. Gun, holster, 2 regular mags, 1 hi-cap mag with sleeve and a foam padded tupperware case that holds all of it.

Don't really have a use for the holster, since i'm a lefty. If anyone is interested in buying it, its brand new never used.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is the promo holster only for the subcompact or for the .45 GAP? I have just gotten a 9mm XD and would sure love the holster to go with it. :wink:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well I finally got my promo holster and magazine from Springfield. The magazine is fine but the holster arrived with a large crack on the cylinder that mounts to the paddle which I didn't notice at first. The first attempt at drawing the weapon the damn thing broke right off. Of course it was already too late in the day to call SA and ask for a new one. I guess I'll call Monday. Honestly though the holster doesn't look very good quality. I think under normal usage for me it would probably have broken soon enough anyway.

Oh well, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't think they are crappy holsters, from what I've heard about them and seen, they are pretty soon. Maybe a few bad holsters were sent out but springfield will replace them for you with new good ones. I just wish they were faster with sending things out. I ordered the rang bag from them a while ago and it took about a month to receive it. They must be pretty busy over there. I hope I don't have any problems when I get my promo stuff.

·
Registered
298 Posts
i think the hoslter is kind of a "universal fit" holster. It will fit my SC but because it also fits the larger models like the service, the holster is a little longer than I would like for concealed carry. Also being a paddle holster it sticks out a little to much for me. quality seems pretty good and it has a rail to attach a tactical light. If I were right handed i would probably keep it as a range holster.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts