Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on the hunt for a 9mm Dan Wesson Guardian for over a year. I finally found what I though was a decent price on Bud's with make an offer. I can't wait to get to the range. I've just dry fired it a couple times, and it's a sweet gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Congrats! I love mine. :grin:

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can see why. This thing feels great in my hand. Nice, crisp trigger. I'm impressed with the quality of the finish.

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
Congratulations! That is very nice.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Gorgeous, very nice!

Recently added a Valor Vbob and have been super impressed with DW 1911's. I suspect you'll be surprised how accurate that gun is.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gorgeous, very nice!

Recently added a Valor Vbob and have been super impressed with DW 1911's. I suspect you'll be surprised how accurate that gun is.

Yep. Your thread reminded me how much I wanted one. Luckily I was able to find one shortly after that.

I took it to the range today. What a sweet shooter. Minimal recoil, great ergonomics on the grips. Crisp trigger with a short take up and clean break.

I fell in love with this pistol after I fondled one during the NRA event in Houston. It was deja vu all over again once I got her to the range. Shot 50 rounds of cheapy Wolf and Freedom blaster with no issues. I'm glad this and my Hi Power eat the Wolf, as I had a bunch of light strikes with my striker fired pistols.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've been on the hunt for a 9mm Dan Wesson Guardian for over a year. I finally found what I though was a decent price on Bud's with make an offer. I can't wait to get to the range. I've just dry fired it a couple times, and it's a sweet gun.
Bible and a Gun.
'Merica.

Sweet buy, buddy. Hope it works out well at the range.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Bible and a Gun.
'Merica.

Sweet buy, buddy. Hope it works out well at the range.
Yep. Your thread reminded me how much I wanted one. Luckily I was able to find one shortly after that.

I took it to the range today. What a sweet shooter. Minimal recoil, great ergonomics on the grips. Crisp trigger with a short take up and clean break.

I fell in love with this pistol after I fondled one during the NRA event in Houston. It was deja vu all over again once I got her to the range. Shot 50 rounds of cheapy Wolf and Freedom blaster with no issues. I'm glad this and my Hi Power eat the Wolf, as I had a bunch of light strikes with my striker fired pistols.
Excellent, congrats again on an excellent buy. And shoot some high end ammo through that bad boy and see how well she groups. Or better yet roll your own.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Congrats! Very nice ...... Extremely jelly here!! Lol!!

I bet you will be shootin' and smilin' at the same time ;-)

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Very nice, the bob-tailed commander on an aluminum-alloy frame makes for a excellent 9mm carry piece. It's also a great looking gun, congrats.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks again for the congrats guys. Took the pistol apart for cleaning after going to the range. Holy cow this thing is tight. Took quite a bit of coaxing to get the bushing back into the slide. Couldn't get the firing pin stop out either.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I owned one for about a year..
Very nice pistol, one of the nicest I've owned.
The only 1911 that feels good in my hand is a bobtailed or round butt grip.
It had Esmeralda grips that I really liked..

At the time the 1911 just wasn't for me, still isn't.
But then I said that about revolvers and now I'm on the hunt for one..:roll:
I'm sure I'll work my way back into wanting a 1911 eventually..

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very nice 1LL. I didn't buy this for carry, but I found myself holster shopping this weekend after heading to the range on Friday. Any recommendation on mags?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts