Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting a long time to finally get this. Had to get rid of my hunting shotgun but it is what it is. I don't have anywhere to hunt anymore anyway. I got this XDM 3.8 Compact 9mm at the Cabela's that opened in Christiana Delaware. I'm very pleased with it thus far. My wife loves in and even said "is it weird I'm so excited you just bought a pistol?" as we walked away from the firearms counter. I can't wait to start getting some accessories for it. I am thinking Pearce grip extension and a nice pair of night sights.

Cheers guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Congrats on the XDm!! Like the smiley face.

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I've been waiting a long time to finally get this. Had to get rid of my hunting shotgun but it is what it is. I don't have anywhere to hunt anymore anyway. I got this XDM 3.8 Compact 9mm at the Cabela's that opened in Christiana Delaware. I'm very pleased with it thus far. My wife loves in and even said "is it weird I'm so excited you just bought a pistol?" as we walked away from the firearms counter. I can't wait to start getting some accessories for it. I am thinking Pearce grip extension and a nice pair of night sights.

Cheers guys.
Awesome! Will this be your carry piece? :cool:

·
Premium Member
18,061 Posts
My sister and her husband went to the opening of that new Cabela's in Christiana.

I asked her if she was shopping for a gun...

Crickets.

(She works at Winterthur Gardens and shooting anything is WAY off her radar.)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome! Will this be your carry piece? :cool:
Yes the plan is to use this for carry. I unfortunately am not a permit holder yet. One expense at a time. We currently are in need of a new roof so that is going to have to come first. I'm not sure what the cost for other states are but I have a few friends who just went through the class and paid the various fees and had total expenses between $300-400. That's a lot of money these days. Like many people money is tight. Damn economy. haha

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm pretty lucky to have a wife who is into firearms, football, and other outdoor activities. We were looking at Cabela's and we were both looking in the gun library and she called me over because she found a gun she liked. It was a Colt 1911 with custom engraving and ivory grips on the handles. It was only $2,300. Haha. She's never shot a .45 so I'm unsure of how she would like it. She also picked out a full size bi tone XDM. She doesn't have any interest in concealed carry at the moment so a full size would be ok for her purpose. I tried to get her to check out the XD-S but she wasn't too impressed for some reason.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My wife just took a CC class last month. Didn't have my XDM at the time, and couldn't find enough cheap ammo for either of the .357s so she ended up using my P 38. At the moment she seems to like the way it shoots better the XDM which is ok with me cuz it means we won't have to fight over who shoots it the most when we're at the range.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Congrats on your new pistol...the compact makes a great carry weapon, I switch off between my xdm and xds. But when it just comes to shooting and accracy the compact is hands down the better gun.

As for accessaries the Pearce mag extensions are a excellent investment, your pinky finger defintely needs a home! :D
I'm also thinking about changing the sights...front to red fiber optic (like what's on my xds) and the rear to plan black.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts