Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I posted a thread a couple days ago talking about how I had just received a set of Truglo TFOs in the mail. One of the local gunsmiths in town wanted to charge me $40 to install them! I could not believe how expensive he was.

Fortunately, I found a Cerakote Certified applicator about 5 min away from my house. And since I wanted to get my XDm 3.8" Compact Cerakoted anyways, I figured i could just knock out two birds with one stone. Since he would have to take off the original sights anyways, I just asked him if he would put the new sights back on. He had absolutely no problem with this, as he is a very cool person.

He does everything out of his garage which is transformed into an office/work area, with an exhaust fan and all for when he is Cerakoting. But like I said before, he is Cerakote certified, and he has his FFL, so he isn't just some wanna be Cerakoter. He is actually legit.

In the end, instead of paying $40 to get my sights put on, i payed $120 to get it Cerakoted AND the sights installed. I think I got a pretty good deal.

Ill post pics when it's done in a couple days.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The slide, grip sections on the frame, and controls (grip safety, take down lever, etc.,) are all getting desert sand. The frame, barrel, guide rod, and anything else i might be forgetting is getting FDE. So it'll have a nice two tone look to it ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts