Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am finally finished with my first build and i can not be happier! i cannot wait to take her out to the range! definitely didn't go too expensive with this build, but didn't go super cheap either, all in all, i am extremely stoked with the final product!!

parts list:
JD M4 upper
JD Lower
JD forged charging handle.
JD low profile gas block
Doublestar LPK
Spikes Tactical buffer tube assembly
Citadel 16" 5.56 Nato 1-9 twist 416 stainless mid length barrel bead blasted matte.
TROY standard battle rail
Mil spec bolt, chrome lined carrier and gas key, side staked.
Magpul MBUS sights
Magpul BAD lever
Magpul AFG
Magpul XTM rail covers

·
Registered
464 Posts
WOW, beautiful.

·
Registered
463 Posts
WTG you did it

·
Registered
793 Posts
Good looking rifle. I hate this forum, it hurts my bank account. :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
This looks like a nice gun. I haven't heard of JD ARs - can you fill us in?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Congrats on a great build...:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
griffin911 said:
Can I ask how much? I am debating building vs. buying.
I'll figure out prices later on today, but I can tell you this, building your own rifle is much more satisfying, it's also nice to not have to drop $1000 all at once, you can do $200 here, $80 there and so on till you're all finished. Plus with building your own, you get it exactly the way you want it, and when I'm at the range and people ask what kind of rifle i've got it's much more awesome not to have just tell them you're rockin' and m&p15 or something, it's your own creation!! I am so glad I decided to build and not buy, I was originally asking myself the same question you're asking and I am EXTREMELY happy with my choice!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
boltstop said:
This looks like a nice gun. I haven't heard of JD ARs - can you fill us in?
JD is located in southern CA, can't really tell you a whole lot about them, what I do know is they actually make alot of spikes tactical lowers, so their quality is on par with spikes. They've got a great finish on 'em. And I definitely feel like a got an exceptional product at a great price.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Can I ask how much? I am debating building vs. buying.
Take your time and build your own, it may cost you a little more in the end but as mentioned its easier to drop a few bucks here and there vs. $1200 at once!!!

I've been working on my RRA build for 2 months now its so worth it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts