Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a blast! Deff harder than what it looks like but it was soo much FUN! I scored in 35th place out of 39 people. Yeah, I know it's not the top 10 but at least I didn't get DQ...lol! The class I shot in was Production, and I did it with my bone stock XDm-9 (4.5"). I think for now I want to stay in production class with my XDm-9 but I was wondering, what all I can do to my gun and stay in the Production class? I know that aftermarket sights are ok, but what would be a good set of sights for my XDm?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I already hooked.

So does anyone have any suggestions on sights? can I do a trigger job? whats worth doing and whats not.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I'd stick with what you have now for a few more matches. Here's a tip given to me when I started. "To shoot fast, slow down".

Don't shoot faster than you can see sights and align them back on target.
Does wonders for you speed and score.

After that try a trigger job and a front fiber optic sight.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Trigger, sights, mag relese, match barrel, lots o extra mag filled with 9's! Keep at it man it is a blast to shoot matches! Check out SA's Custom Shop (link in sig) those guys rock and will take care of everything for you!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I use the same xdm9 4.5 for production, for sights I have dawson rear adjustable and fiber optic front those sights are great, as for a trigger I had one of the popular trigger kits installed wasnt 100% happy, took it out put it back to stock and had a gunsmith rework the stock sear and lighter trigger spring for me I like it set up that way. I also have a guide rod you can do a lot to a production gun. Go to the uspsa web site you can look at production class rules it will list the do's and don'ts

·
Registered
340 Posts
The addiction begins!

I'm completely hooked after shooting these things for a little over a month (shot about 6-7 matches so far).

I just shot my first "official" IPSC today too. My brand new trijicon HD night sights worked amazingly well for the competition. The front dot on them glows super bright during the day and especially when the sun is hitting it. Great sights.

I also shot my PRP trigger for the first time and loved it. I didn't really bother to check to see if it was legal for me to stay in production with a PRP trigger. I haven't registered with IPSC yet so my scores won't officially be registered, just in the club results so I figured it wasn't a big deal. I was talking to a few people including RO's about my new trigger. I'm pretty sure they knew I was registered for production class, and no one said anything to me about it.

I'm interested to know what the rules are though, if trigger jobs are allowed in production class.

·
Registered
968 Posts
1 Minimum power factor for Major Not applicable
2 Minimum power factor for Minor 125
3 Minimum bullet weight No
4 Minimum bullet caliber / cartridge
case length
.38 cal. / 9x19 mm (0.354” x 0.748”)
5 Minimum bullet caliber for Major Not applicable
6 Minimum trigger pull No
7 Maximum size