Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Del-ton stripped lower and one of their upper kits. Now the fun will begin as my firearm assembly skills are limited to field stripping my XD. Wish me luck and if there is any helpful advice anyone has please lay it on me.

·
Registered
469 Posts
dont scare yourself into thinking its hard.

its so easy to do.. i did it and i never field stripped my xd EVER

·
Registered
193 Posts
dont scare yourself into thinking its hard.

its so easy to do.. i did it and i never field stripped my xd EVER
are you saying you have never field stripped your hand gun at all?

your life and your gun but IMO every firearm owner should field strip and become as familiar as possible with their weapons and the parts that make them work.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am sure he meant a full disassembly. I hope. Thanks for the words of wisdom hope all goes well.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
What is "LPK"? Is that a lower parts kit? He didn't mention getting that, just a stripped lower and an upper kit. 2fast4ya, do you know if you have all of the parts you need to assemble the rifle yet?

·
Registered
367 Posts
The kit I purchased comes with all of the upper and the lower parts. Here is a link to the kit. Del-Ton, Inc. AR-15 16" M4 Rifle Kit
If you see anything missing let me know.
LPK does = lower parts kit and Del-ton rifle kits do come with it at no cost unless you specifically remove it from the kits options.

you are fine, you will get everything you need(barring an accidental missing part). you will need some tools obviously.

I recommend in addition to the punches and mallet: electrical tape to put down on lower around key points of contact to protect lower from dings and knicks. autolocking pliers, they were a godsend for me and the roll pins, so much better than trying to beat them in.

here are some helpfull links, don't worry this is an easy job. it took me 15-20 minutes to get to 95% completion at work with out all of my tools. finished the last bit of rollpin mashing at home in another 2-3 minutes.

this will show pictures and walkthrough.
AR15.COM :: Forums :: Assemble your own LOWER, UPPER, FREE FLOAT, TRIGGER, GAS BLOCK - Step by step instructions!

this is a video that puts together the lower.
Life, Liberty, Etc. Pro-gun stuff for pro-gun folks

also I suggest you get a large white trashbag to work in when dealing with the detent springs. you are bound to slip at least once and those damn springs will launch the detents a mile, with a white bag it keeps it close so you arent combing the area with a magnet.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Read through the how-to stuff at AR15.com a few times before you get your stuff. Print it out or build the lower in a well-lit, clean area near your computer, and follow each step. You'll be fine. I was nervous, too, before building mine. However, I found the process very easy. You can do it!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help and words of encouragement. Now I just want the thing to get here so I can go at it. Thanks again to everyone.

·
Registered
469 Posts
ya i meant full dissassembly lol

i clean it all the time of course.. but the ar was a piece of cake thanks to this site

·
Registered
193 Posts
ya i meant full dissassembly lol

i clean it all the time of course.. but the ar was a piece of cake thanks to this site
cool, sorry I guess I read it wrong. Seems like building is rather simple from what all of you say. I deff. want an other one of these things so I may give that a shot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts