Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't afford the whole rifle now, so I figured I better get something before it's too late. Placed an order for a CMMG lower w/lpk installed for $180. I saw some lowers for around $110, but then you had to pick up the lpk and have it shipped. Anyway, I want to get a collapsable stock, but I'm not sure where I should look and is there a certain style/model of upper receiver that I need for optics? Thanks...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Congrats. Try Bravo Company for your stock. Have fun!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I think I have narrowed down my stock selection to the Magpul CTR unless someone can give me a reason why I shouldn't want that one. Do stocls come with everything necessary to install them or is there also a stock parts kit that I'm unaware of?

Here is the link to the stock:

Magpul CTR Stock Black

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Just make sure you get which one your buffer tube is. Stocks simply slide onto your buffer tube so you don't need any parts. I've got two CTR stocks and love them both.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
That's a great kit. I wish I would of known about that !! I just bought another CTR stock and I need a Mil-Spec tube and the nut, plate, and spring, etc.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I can't afford the whole rifle now, so I figured I better get something before it's too late. Placed an order for a CMMG lower w/lpk installed for $180. I saw some lowers for around $110, but then you had to pick up the lpk and have it shipped. Anyway, I want to get a collapsable stock, but I'm not sure where I should look and is there a certain style/model of upper receiver that I need for optics? Thanks...
WHere from?

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
WHere from?
+1!!

I just bought a spike's lower. But a CMMG is on my list. And at that price I couldn't pass it up. Share with us would you?

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Side question: I know to order a lower I need someone with an FFL. Will it end up being shipped to my FFL, or to me & he just runs the papers?

Thanks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Really? are you an FFL? :mrgreen:
Who's asking !? :twisted:

Side question: I know to order a lower I need someone with an FFL. Will it end up being shipped to my FFL, or to me & he just runs the papers?

Thanks.
It'll be shipped to the FFL. The FFL who is receiving the items will send the mfg or the retailer their license. The mfg or retailer will send your order to them. When it arrives, your FFL will notify you, and run a background check on you just like you were buying a gun from them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just finished my AR15

CMMG Lower Reciever
DPMS LPK
CAA buttstock and front vertical grip
Smith&Wesson Military & Police Tactical upper
Aimpoint Red Dot

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts