Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a lot of research, trips to the gun shop, etc....I finally decided on an XDM 45, though I had to put it on layaway as I only had $140 on me :( Chose the xdm 45 over glock, s&w m&p, FN FNX. I will be going through firearms training with it for my criminal justice program when the time comes....though I'm already getting some grief from some classmates for not buying a glock , but what do they know :D? haha. Love the feel of the weapon, just fits my hand perfectly. Any holster suggestions? Can't wait to pick it up and shoot it!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Great choice. I have an XDm9 and love it - super accurate and really fits the hand. I do not know whose hands Glocks fit but they just feel weird to me. I love the 1911 angle of the XDm. I tried lots of 45's and pretty much decided to to stay with the XDm. I have been holding out for the rumored XDmc 45, but since the mystery new gun looks like a competition pistol, I am going to go ahead and order the fullsize 45. It should make a great duty pistol.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Now show the Glock guys how to shoot (ha ha). It's very good looking and accurate. You made a good choice.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase... or Layaway :) I ended up going with XDm 45 as well, and just bought it this weekend. I rented at the local range, it shot best and felt the best, so it was an easy decision.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations on your purchase... or Layaway :) I ended up going with XDm 45 as well, and just bought it this weekend. I rented at the local range, it shot best and felt the best, so it was an easy decision.
Thanks! I wasn't planning on getting anything when I went into the store, as I have other expenses at the moment, but the XDM 45 was on sale, so I went ahead and did the layaway on it, as Im not in a huge hurry. Time to put in for a few extra hours at work to get this thing paid off!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well I'm sure you will be pleased. I just bought 50 rounds of Federal HST. I've heard the XDms can be finicky with that load, so I decided to try a quick 50 before purchasing a couple hundred to test reliability.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What ammunition do you guys like for your XDM 45's?
I use Hornady TAP as my defensive ammo and Remington UMC for range. Do not worry about it being finicky, thought I would suggest putting at least putting 100 rounds downrange before you test the accuracy and reliability of a defensive ammo. Give the springs and trigger a change to break in a little bit.

I am also still searching for a kydex holster myself, people do not realize the XDM 45 has different dimensions than the XDM 9 and 40. Here are two websites that told me they will make a holster for XDM 45:

Garrett Industries Holsters

Alabama Holster Company - Concealment Products That "Just Plain Work"

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys. i traded in my XDm 40 in November to buy the XDm in 45. its such a sweet gun. got a sig stl-900l on it with some houge grips and a solid guide rod from springer precision. and day before yesterday i ordered a burris fastfire 2 and mount, and a mag extension from canyon creek...yea...i love this gun!

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Yea!!! Congrats!! Expensive ammo, but great pistol!! Enjoy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
While my xdm 45 is on layaway, should I be concerned about rust while its being stored?

·
Registered
144 Posts
While my xdm 45 is on layaway, should I be concerned about rust while its being stored?
Well, I doubt the store is storing it in salt water....

Just give it a clean and proper lubricating when you get it, and all will be fine. It isnt meant to be babied.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Grats on the future purchase. Even though I just bought a Glock I still think the XDm 45 is my favorite of the "big three" (S&W, Glock, Springfield) 45acp offerings.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
picking up the xdm 45 tomorrow! trying to find a duty holster to use with it, not having much luck

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Congrats...I'm very close to putting money down on an XDM 45 as well....still looking at an XD 45 compact, though it's used. I have yet to shoot the compact but have put a few hundred rounds through the XDM 45 and it has just been an outstanding shooter IMO.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I love mine. I use montanna gold 230 gr fmj for practice and GoldDot 230 gr for carry. Also have a mag of Buffalo bore 255 gr hard cast for woods carry.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts