Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,712 Posts
Wow thats amazing! What all did they do?

Reactions: MP2121

·
Registered
Owner of a gun or 2....
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow thats amazing! What all did they do?
At first, I just sent in my slide for slide lightening slanted slots, titanium cerakote, new sights.... I had already purchased new striker kit, striker safety kit, and firing pin indicator kit.... Then I said screw it, may as well go all in and sent in my frame as well.... Besides above mentioned work, Springer Precision did:
Combat/Carry trigger kit (Includes new Sear, Trigger Bar and new reduced power sear/trigger springs).
New Ejector, New extended mag release, New extended grip safety, (2) .25 base pads (not pictured).
New 1911 solid guide rod/18# xp spring
Stippling on grip, forward index points, front of trigger guard.
Undercut trigger guard.
Install new flat faced trigger
Additional cerakoting (barrel, mag release, grip safety, trigger, disassembly lever, slide lock, guide rod, all pins, and both base pads).
New sights are Dawson Precision Tritium (.125 width). Gunsmith at Springer Precision (Kyle) is testing everything for proper function tomorrow and I should be getting back in the mail in the next few days.... Was wanting new extractor installed but they were out of stock so I will be getting one installed once back in stock by a local gunsmith.

·
Registered
Owner of a gun or 2....
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is this going to be an edc?
No Sir!! I got this pistol customized and went all out on it in honor of my son, Malichi Patrick, who was killed in a car accident back in July of this year. This was the first gun I taught him gun safety with, placed in his hands, watched his face light up with excitement after that first trigger pull..... Gonna be putting it in a display case/shadow box on a nice pistol display stand along with my son's picture and a few of his belongings..... Sure I'll take it to the range on occasion tho....

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
No Sir!! I got this pistol customized and went all out on it in honor of my son, Malichi Patrick, who was killed in a car accident back in July of this year. This was the first gun I taught him gun safety with, placed in his hands, watched his face light up with excitement after that first trigger pull..... Gonna be putting it in a display case/shadow box on a nice pistol display stand along with my son's picture and a few of his belongings..... Sure I'll take it to the range on occasion tho....
That is awesome!

Sorry for your loss.

I asked because I built an edc with similar mods and was going to warn you about a few things to watch closely, but that doesn't need to be worried about in this case.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I'll still be using as a range toy.... Please enlighten me sir....
An extended mag release doesn't play nicely with all holsters, make certain there is plenty of clearance so you don't drop mags on the ground.

With a lighter slide, they can be finicky with ammo, unless you change springs for different weight ammos, find what the gun runs reliably on and stick with that round.

I edited the above post after you quoted it to say, sorry to hear about you losing your son.

·
Registered
Owner of a gun or 2....
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
An extended mag release doesn't play nicely with all holsters, make certain there is plenty of clearance so you don't drop mags on the ground.

With a lighter slide, they can be finicky with ammo, unless you change springs for different weight ammos, find what the gun runs reliably on and stick with that round.

I edited the above post after you quoted it to say, sorry to hear about you losing your son.
I had new guide rod (1911 solid guide rod) and a new xp 18 # spring installed. Also having them send an extra 16# spring too. Mag release shouldn't be an issue since I won't be carrying in holster. Before I sent it in, I was having ejection issues, Springer Precision gunsmith said it was my guide rod/spring.... Thanks for your condolences for my son!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Great way to honor your baby, I'm sorry for your lost. The XD came out beautiful. I almost pulled the trigger on doing something similar to a XDsc. When you get that thing out to the range, I expect a range report with plenty of pics 😆.

·
Registered
Owner of a gun or 2....
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great way to honor your baby, I'm sorry for your lost. The XD came out beautiful. I almost pulled the trigger on doing something similar to a XDsc. When you get that thing out to the range, I expect a range report with plenty of pics 😆.
Hey I appreciate it brother! They're testing functionality(test firing) since I had so many internal parts replaced... Absolutely as soon as I get it back and to the range, full progress report will be posted here!! Lol.... Thanks man!!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hi Mr. @MP2121,

Nice work on the pistol, bittersweet occasion. May you always be blessed with loving memories.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Reactions: MP2121
1 - 15 of 15 Posts