Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally bought a xd9101hcsp06 9mm. Get to pick it up tomorrow. I can't wait. Hopefully this will be a fun gun to shoot from my wheelchair. Now to learn which 9mm ammo is the cleanest so it will not be so hard to clean my gun. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Congrats on your new gun. I have always had good experiences with WWB (Winchester White Box). It is usually priced good and I have not had a single failure with this ammo. It seems to run fairly clean. Some ammo to stay away from if you want cleaner ammo is Tulo, Brown Bear, Silver Bear, and Wolf ammo. All of this Russian and most of it is steel cased and is not reloadable. It is really dirty ammo but cheap to buy. I notice a big difference in how clean my guns are when I shoot this stuff vs WWB.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey

·
Premium Member
128,172 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Welcome from Texas! :p

Federal Premium is a good choice too. :wink:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the welcomes.

I tried shooting my gun for the first time on Friday. Had a great time. Cleaning was easier than I thought.

Shoot 30 rounds of Perfecta and 20 rounds of Federal. I was surprised at the dirtiest of the spent shells. Perfecta was cleaner than Federal. Next time I am finishing the boxes and will compare them to a Winchester white box red lettering.

I found some Winchester white box black lettering called NATO. According to the ad they have higher velocity and pressure. Has anyone used these and what was the results?

Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for the welcomes.

I tried shooting my gun for the first time on Friday. Had a great time. Cleaning was easier than I thought.

Shoot 30 rounds of Perfecta and 20 rounds of Federal. I was surprised at the dirtiest of the spent shells. Perfecta was cleaner than Federal. Next time I am finishing the boxes and will compare them to a Winchester white box red lettering.

I found some Winchester white box black lettering called NATO. According to the ad they have higher velocity and pressure. Has anyone used these and what was the results?

Thanks
Welcome from NE Ohio. I have used the Winchester NATO and I like it. I did not notice any real difference in felt recoil with this over any of the 115 grain loads. My XD 9SC cycles this stuff fine and my Kahr CW9 really likes it. I always go for the NATO loads if they are available. I carry a 124 grain +P load when can find it.

·
Premium Member
27,915 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee!

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Welcome to the forums from South Carolina!

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Finally bought a xd9101hcsp06 9mm. Get to pick it up tomorrow. I can't wait. Hopefully this will be a fun gun to shoot from my wheelchair. Now to learn which 9mm ammo is the cleanest so it will not be so hard to clean my gun. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Welcome ciderman,

There are a bunch of gun training videos on YouTube of drawing and firing from a seated position. I've found the XD to be very easy to clean no matter what the ammo. Best of luck with your new firearm.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts