Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just figured i'd share with everyone that I bought my first handgun for duty carry for an armored truck company, Picked up a new XD-40 service model , black, with 3 10round mags for $498 . :shock: hopefully that's a decent price and I didnt get ripped off, comments? The one thing that's dissapointing is here in CT you need your permit to take it home, so I have to wait for the FBI to get off it's butt for my NCIC, hopefully soon though, can't wait to venture to the range and fire this puppy.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I just bought my first too, but it's a XD9, I just got back from the gunshop where I had to order it because they were sold out, it should be in on Wed. or Thur. they said. I paid $489 +tax for it, I've seen them cheaper online but it's a hassel to order them that way. I thought hard about getting a XD40 but I already have a big bore gun, a 45 cal. 1911. I just wanted this one for target practice and liked the fact that ammo was cheaper. I'll post how it shoot's next week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heh, yeah can't wait to finally get my permit so I can actually pick my gun up though. Just purchased 1,000 rounds of wolf FMJ 180 gr for $135 for target practice and 20 rounds of HP for duty cary.
What'd you get a tact or service?

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
You have entered the dark side... :twisted:

Congrats to both of you. You will enjoy these pistols fer sure.

·
Registered
492 Posts
spilledgut said:
What'd you get a tact or service?
I got the regular XD9101HC service model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. All

I pick up the xd-40sc for $411 here in Oklahoma about two weeks ago. I have submitted my ccw packet 4wks ago, hopefully should receive it in two to three more wks. I've only fired 100 rds out of it so far, had a couple of FTF but discovered that way because the magazine wasn't fully seated. Purchase this one to replace my s&w 586 combat magnum (.357) must say so far I love it. too-coo :) xd-40scl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts