Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally found something I can comfortably conceal daily. After trying many different guns and holsters, I finally traded my Sigma for a new Kel-Tec PF9 and purchased a Blackhawk pocket holster. I now feel complete.

Love my wife's camera too. I didn't do anything to this photo except upload it.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Great looking gun, congrats! Have you taken it to the range yet? How does it feel in your hand compared to other "pocket" carry guns? I'm searching around for a pocket carry but haven't commited...yet.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great looking gun, congrats! Have you taken it to the range yet? How does it feel in your hand compared to other "pocket" carry guns? I'm searching around for a pocket carry but haven't commited...yet.
It fits my hand very well. I shot about a box through it last weekend, and at 20 yards I could put every round on a paper plate. It does sting my hands a little, but not terrible, and if you are defending your life, I doubt you would notice. I haven't handled too many "pocket" pistols, mostly compacts, but it feels good. I have pretty big hands too. I would recommend it.

My dad wasn't a fan though, he shot it a few times, and the last casing he fired hit him dead center between the eyes and cut him. I blame the operator.:p

·
Registered
616 Posts
It fits my hand very well. I shot about a box through it last weekend, and at 20 yards I could put every round on a paper plate. It does sting my hands a little, but not terrible, and if you are defending your life, I doubt you would notice. I haven't handled too many "pocket" pistols, mostly compacts, but it feels good. I have pretty big hands too. I would recommend it.

My dad wasn't a fan though, he shot it a few times, and the last casing he fired hit him dead center between the eyes and cut him. I blame the operator.:p
I'll have to check it out. I like that it's a 9mm instead of .380 because my XD is in 9mm so I like to keep it consistent with my CC.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll have to check it out. I like that it's a 9mm instead of .380 because my XD is in 9mm so I like to keep it consistent with my CC.
Yeah, I don't seem to be much of a shot with .380's, but I really like my PK380. This supposedly being the slimmest 9mm made was also a selling point. It's kinda ugly to me, but growing on me, but I've got plenty of other guns to show off in the mean time.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Yeah, I don't seem to be much of a shot with .380's, but I really like my PK380. This supposedly being the slimmest 9mm made was also a selling point. It's kinda ugly to me, but growing on me, but I've got plenty of other guns to show off in the mean time.

I'm quoting what I read from someone else's post here on XDtalk...

"Pretty guns are what you show your friends, ugly guns are what you show your enemies".

I think that applies here lol. I haven't shot any .380's (yet) but i've held the Ruger LCP, and Taurus TCP after hearing a lot about them. I like the feel of the Ruger a little better, but since this gun is in 9mm, if it feels good, it may just bump it to the front of the line :)

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
looks like a nice purchase. hows the trigger pull on that? i could be crazy but just by looking at it, it seems like it would be a long pull.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks like a nice purchase. hows the trigger pull on that? i could be crazy but just by looking at it, it seems like it would be a long pull.
It is long, but very light. Funny the first time my father tried shooting it, he pulled the trigger and then pulled it down and looked at it and asked what's wrong with it. Then realized he just needed to pull it farther. Once you get used to it, it is a very nice trigger pull.

·
Registered
324 Posts
You know, the only thing that kept me from buying another Kel-Tec was the trigger pull, which is rather long. The older 13-round 9mm double-stack they had had a terrible, long-pulling, rock hard, skinny-ass trigger on it that made it something I just couldn't deal with.

I had the P32 and thought it to be a nice little gun, but it just wasn't a realistic caliber for SD. Heck, I'd buy another KT gun as my use and ownership experience was top-notch. I love Kel-Tec's innovation!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You know, the only thing that kept me from buying another Kel-Tec was the trigger pull, which is rather long. The older 13-round 9mm double-stack they had had a terrible, long-pulling, rock hard, skinny-ass trigger on it that made it something I just couldn't deal with.

I had the P32 and thought it to be a nice little gun, but it just wasn't a realistic caliber for SD. Heck, I'd buy another KT gun as my use and ownership experience was top-notch. I love Kel-Tec's innovation!
This one has the softest albeit longest trigger of any of my pistols. Not a problem at all for me. It's rather new, maybe this was one of the improvements they made? Or maybe I just got a good one. Either way, if I didn't get this one, I probably wouldn't carry often, so this gun no matter how long the trigger could turn out to be a life saver when normally I would just be a bystander.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.