Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two pistols; my new xdm 3.8C and a Ruger P89. The xdm is a dream to field strip, and the p89 is a pain in the backside to field strip. Thank you Springfield for figuring an easy way to fieldstrip a piece.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I tried field stripping. Got cold, bug bites in places you don't want bug bites, a nasty sunburn in many of the same places and WOW! talk about the pissed off people living along the field! Take my word for it, don't field strip no matter how easy it is.

..... uh.....or did you mean like basic cleaning of the gun?:oops:

·
Registered
662 Posts
If his post had a not safe for work tag it would get more hits:)

·
Registered
206 Posts
You think the XDm is easy try a Beretta 92.
I can do it 1 handed in less then 3 seconds!

·
Registered
7,507 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried field stripping. Got cold, bug bites in places you don't want bug bites, a nasty sunburn in many of the same places and WOW! talk about the pissed off people living along the field! Take my word for it, don't field strip no matter how easy it is.

..... uh.....or did you mean like basic cleaning of the gun?:oops:
That was field stripping, not stripping in the field, but to each his own, and please no pictures:)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This thread is useless without pics

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Some things are better left to the imagination:confused: or not:shock:

·
Registered
7,507 Posts

·
Registered
19,880 Posts
I thought the two (P89, XDm) were pretty comparable when it came to field stripping.

·
Registered
19,880 Posts
I thought the two (P89, XDm) were pretty comparable when it came to field stripping.

I was real PO'd when I put a scratch on my nice shiny P89 slide though while field stripping it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts