Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Breaking the gun down all is good when replacing the action it locks up.
This happened once and the gun shop broke it free but would not tell me.
Now it has happened again, keep in mind this is rapid breakdown.

Any Thoughts

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Posted in several sections?

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
How about some detail. Jam says not much of anything. What parts jammed, how, where and when?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's just it the action is back and will not move i can not get the gun apart,what parts are jamming? The roll pin used to break down the action was apparently not in the full 90 degree position when put back together. So now i am locked up.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I did that once when cleaning, I flipped the take down lever while cleaning. Just move the take down lever in the right position, this being in the field stripping direction, then try to push or tap the slide forward. It will come off. You will need to squeez the trigger while doing this. You pistol is not going to be some odd batch thrown together gun that magicaly jams when putting it back together. Read the manual a few times and learn how to take down and put together your pistol.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
That's just it the action is back and will not move i can not get the gun apart,what parts are jamming? The roll pin used to break down the action was apparently not in the full 90 degree position when put back together. So now i am locked up.
Why did you remove the roll pin? You don't need to do that to field strip the gun!

don

1 - 11 of 11 Posts