Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the range. Shot about 400 flawless rounds through the 40 service.
Came home and I can't get the slide off. It goes forward about a 1/4 inch and wont budge.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
will it go backwards? or is it compleatly stuck?

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
it moves freely when the take down lever is down, but once the takedown lever is down and you pull the trigger is wont go forward. It goes back just fine.
Sorry if I'm missing something here. Are you locking the slide back, raising the takedown lever, releasing the slide, pulling the trigger and trying to pull the slide off?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
it moves freely when the take down lever is down, but once the takedown lever is down and you pull the trigger is wont go forward. It goes back just fine.
you put down for both situations

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry I need to put the gun down and type.

Yes XDconvert, that is exactly what I am doing.

The slide won't move forward more than maybe a 1/4 inch once I go through those steps. It will however move backwards freely.

When I put the takedown lever back down and cycle the slide. It is very loose and is easy to push out of battery

It has a DGR with #22 spring if that matters.

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
sorry I need to put the gun down and type.

Yes XDconvert, that is exactly what I am doing.

The slide won't move forward more than maybe a 1/4 inch once I go through those steps. It will however move backwards freely.

When I put the takedown lever back down and cycle the slide. It is very loose and is easy to push out of battery

It has a DGR with #22 spring if that matters.
Then I really don't get this one. It sounds like what would happen if you left an empty mag loaded and the lock back was holding things up. Or maybe a GR that has gotten off center? Hmmm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts