Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know where everone in the phoenix area buy their guns from. i am wanting to buy my next pistol here in town without ordering online. i am looking for a springfield armory 1911 with Black SS Model number is PX9152L. If any of you guys know of a shop that might have one please PM me or post here. Thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
I am moving out to the Phoenix area in a few weeks and also am interested to know of any dealers or shops in the area.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The guy I buy from can get it for $890 and he's out in Maricopa. If that 's a good price and it seems to me that it is, let me know and i'll put you in contact with him.

Tank

Is this one you are talking about?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Scottsdale Gun Center is the best place in town I have found. If they don't have it try the Lone Wolf in Phoenix. I hope you find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
99 Posts
When I was living in phoenix, I bought my Hi-Point carbine from Machine Gun Kellys at N.19th ave and Peoria. From what I can remember they had a decent selection of 1911 style pistols. MGKs is a rather small shop, but they didnt try pressuring me to buy what they had on hand. They ordered the gun right away, and would most likely do so for you as well. I also used to go to Lone Wolf on Glendale and 52ave(not sure). They had a Large selection of hand guns, but I dont recall their 1911 selection(I was too busy drooling over the XD-40s they had).
Good Luck finding that 1911

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sadly, Machinegun Kelly's has gone away ... it is where I bought my XD ...
Lone Wolf is still around...

All together the Phoenix area has about 250 gun stores, gunsmiths and pawnshops that you can shop.... almost like 7-11's

There are others like Randalls, Legendary Guns, Arizona Tactical and on and on ......

Just take a saturday and go shopping .... that's what I do when I have the time....

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
All my XDs came from Sportsmans Warehouse. Very good pricing IMHO and you get to walk out with it. I bought an AR15 from a small store on 19th ave and Greenway but I think I got ripped. I wouldn't buy from him again. I should have known when he had a used service XD 40 for $500+

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought my XD40 Service, 2 hi caps, from the Scottsdale Gun Center for $400. SGC will deal, you just have to prod them a bit.

·
Registered
325 Posts
TeamXD said:
Scottsdale is way too expensive
This is simply not true.
When I bought my handguns I checked prices all over the valley. SGC was the cheapest place I could find. I bought my XD9 there for $372.00 and my S&W 642 for $330.00.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found a Good shop with alot of selection and they even had an XD40 Ported Gun which my roommate was looking for and unable to find else where. Its a place over in chandler called GUNS ETC. www.azgunsetc.net I got it for 865.00 about 25 bucks more than the cheapest online, not bad of the instant gradification i'll get :) I put a down payment on it and am now waiting for my full tax refund to pay the rest...should be in about a week.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a Quick note there is a new gun shop open on the south east corner of baseline and mcclintock (spelling?) It is called arizona tactical firearms . They area a class III dealer. i went there last friday and they only had two display cases full but they have ALOT more coming. Just thought i'd drop the word.

·
Registered
43 Posts
polarbear said:
I found a Good shop with alot of selection and they even had an XD40 Ported Gun which my roommate was looking for and unable to find else where. Its a place over in chandler called GUNS ETC. www.azgunsetc.net I got it for 865.00 about 25 bucks more than the cheapest online, not bad of the instant gradification i'll get :) I put a down payment on it and am now waiting for my full tax refund to pay the rest...should be in about a week.
You got what for $865..the XD or 1911?

As for Gun Etc, that place sucks and the owner is a major ASS. I haven't heard one good report about this place in over two years. I've given them a chance to have my business, but they blew it multiple times.

If you go with them, good luck. Make sure the gun isn't used and that you get the SA "loaded" coupon with it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Good news, Machine Gun Kelly's will be back soon and operated by Steve who is the owner of Scottsdale Gun Center. He originally owed MGK but sold it and moved out to Scottsdale. They are just waiting for the building to be finish because there was a fire that caused some damage which started next door at the catering place.

I have never found more than a $10-20 lower price on a gun that Scottsdale Gun Center has had and I don't understand why TeamXD says that their prices are too high. What did you see that was more expensive and compared to whom? Do you also have a working web address for the gun source?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i got the 1911 for $865...i was very specific on the gun i wanted and out of the 4 shops i went to that was the only store that had it...and instead of buying online and transferring it..i just bought it there at the shop. I am getting it out tomorrow and then on to caswells. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
mattsnuked said:
I have never found more than a $10-20 lower price on a gun that Scottsdale Gun Center has had and I don't understand why TeamXD says that their prices are too high. What did you see that was more expensive and compared to whom? Do you also have a working
web address for the gun source?
They are two seperate places:

Scottsdale Gun Center

Scottsdale Gun Club

I've heard nothing but good things about Scottsdale Gun Center, however, I have never been there or dealt with them. As for Scottsdale Gun Club, I have nothing but good words for them and I have bought a few guns and items there.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im all the way on the south side in the auwatukee area.....there arent many shops around here. This is the first gun i have bought from Guns Etc. And so far i have not had any bad service from them but if i do i definately will post here. I am going to pick up my new baby tomorrow. YAH! :lol:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts