Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I grew up in a VERY firearm-friendly home.
Daddy was a gunsmith and used to complete back in the day, I was taught a lot about firearms since I was 5 years old.
I received my CCW once I turned 21.
Now I'm married and looking to get into a different profession (business entrepreneur previously) in the firearms world.
Has anyone taken the classes to become an NRA Instructor? If so, what did you think?
Also, how is the pay for a starting Firearm Instructor, Honestly? I want to become a Basic Instructor and then move on to Refuse To Be A Victim/Protection Inside & Outside of Home/CCW Instructor going forward.
I'm not sure whether to start at a gun range or not.
My family owns a LOT of land in central NC where a range and classroom could very easily be set up ...... ?
Anyways, thoughts and comments greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

·
Registered
9,501 Posts
I don't have any useful information for you... I just don't know.
Just stopped in to say good luck to you. We like to see more women get involved in the shooting sports and instruction ranks.

Reactions: Alter1

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Being female will open doors much faster. That said do you know how to shoot?
Ie 42+ on a dot torture target at 3 yards? If not you need to learn how to shoot first and get comfortable doing it for a prolonged period ie 6 months after getting 42.
Imo take bit/bp/ppith in one shot. That's basic instructor training, basic pistol and personal protection inside the home. Btw id take whatever it takes to teach cpl in your state so you have value to a range. pistol-training.com » Dot Torture

Then go help for 10 days elsewhere. Ideally you get paid. Should be with 2 or 3 instructors so you can learn from a variety of people. Ideally all of them are over 42 dot torture too but odds are they won't be.

Btw I'm NRA bp/ppith/crso. Taught over 1500 people and can tell you half of the NRA instructors don't know how to shoot or teach. Less than half of Leo instructors can shoot. Telling them that seriously angers them btw.NRAInstructors.org - Portal for NRA Certified Instructors, NRA Education and Training

Reactions: Jonnyuma

·
Premium Member
17,721 Posts
Let me know when you move forward. I’m in Hillsborough and would love to find a good outdoor range.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Best of luck. My CCW class was mostly women. I think you will get alot of business and be successful.

·
Registered
9,501 Posts
Best of luck. My CCW class was mostly women.
IIRC, mine was about 50% or pretty close to it. Unfortunately and inexplicably, the people I see at the range (I still belong to the same place) are 90-100% dudes every trip.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Hello All,
I grew up in a VERY firearm-friendly home.
Daddy was a gunsmith and used to complete back in the day, I was taught a lot about firearms since I was 5 years old.
I received my CCW once I turned 21.
Now I'm married and looking to get into a different profession (business entrepreneur previously) in the firearms world.
Has anyone taken the classes to become an NRA Instructor? If so, what did you think?
Also, how is the pay for a starting Firearm Instructor, Honestly? I want to become a Basic Instructor and then move on to Refuse To Be A Victim/Protection Inside & Outside of Home/CCW Instructor going forward.
I'm not sure whether to start at a gun range or not.
My family owns a LOT of land in central NC where a range and classroom could very easily be set up ...... ?
Anyways, thoughts and comments greatly appreciated!
Thanks.
Welcome and all the success I can wish you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts