Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up a feg pa63 pistol. I must say for $200 I'm impressed! Quite the accurate little shooter and surprisingly light due to the aluminium frame . I've carried it now for about a week and almost seem to like it better than my shield 9mm. Might be my imagination but it seems lighter than my shield. Only drawback so far is the 9x18 ammo, its either $$$or non existent. Anyone else have one of these little gems or makarov variant??
Ps: 9x18 reloading dies on the way :D

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Well I can honestly say I have never heard of that one. Reminds me of a Bersa a little.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I can honestly say I have never heard of that one. Reminds me of a Bersa a little.
Its a Hungarian copy of a makarov, used mostly by police.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
Reminds me of a Bersa a LOT...minus the exposed lockwork on the right side. I saw some 9x18 at Walmart on Saturday but didn't notice the price. Maybe next time I'll look harder. I bought a couple of the Makarovs when they were first showing up here in the 90s...neat little guns.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
I'm not familiar with the 9x18 cartridge, so disregard this if it's a stupid idea, but is it possible to trim a 9x19 case down to size and reload that?

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not familiar with the 9x18 cartridge, so disregard this if it's a stupid idea, but is it possible to trim a 9x19 case down to size and reload that?
I have heard of people trimming 9mm brass down to 9x18. Not sure what else it entails as the 9x18 is .365 diameter, 9mm is .356.

·
Registered
17,777 Posts
9X18 MAK

Russian round

You can get it C&R...but I think it's getting VERY scarce!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I have had a Chi-com Makarov since 1988 . Had 2, sold one to a friend. Have not shot it in a long time.
They are nice pistols and we bought them for right around a hundred dollars. The 5 we bought were all accurate and very reliable.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
9X18 MAK

Russian round

You can get it C&R...but I think it's getting VERY scarce!
Hence the reloading dies on their way. Berrys mfg has a good deal on 9mm mak projectiles as well. I happen to have 2 cans of 700x that I didn't care for in any of my other pistols that I reload, but I've read really good things about 700x in 9x18 mak. *fingers crossed*

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I thought at one time they made conversion barrels for the Maks.
Just looked you can convert them .

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
yes, barrels are $75

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
It is actually an Iron Curtain copy of the Walther PP.

I have a Bulgarian military issued Makarov. Fun to shoot, a tad snappier than a 380, very reliable and accurate.

The 9x18 is a fun little round to shoot...enjoy it.

-brickboy240

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a cousin of the P-63. The Polish P-64. Bought it a few years ago. Chose it over the P-63 actually. Its usually my hiking/fishing pistol.

Sent from Motorola Razr

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Nice find. I like the PPK style of pistol, but I don't need another caliber to buy. At least thats what I'm telling myself this week.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice find. I like the PPK style of pistol, but I don't need another caliber to buy. At least thats what I'm telling myself this week.
I hear ya. I have enough trouble sorting out .380 brass from 9mm luger brass. Now I'm putting 9x18 into the mix. I know.. I'm a glutton for punishment.

Reactions: DevJames

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
had one, finding a holster was a pain. think I had a falcon it was great.

My meaty paws riding high like I do for bigger guns the web would jam the gun be aware. Recoil I thought was very sharp, I checkered the front and the bottom half of the back, consider that or skateboard tape really, really helped. make it more user friendly.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I also have the older P64. I definitely wouldn't mind adding a PA63, as well as a P-83 Wanad

1 - 20 of 22 Posts