Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first post, but I've been lurking for a while now. Just sold a Beretta 9000s D to fund purchace of XD40 sc. Buddy has a service 9 that I loved shooting so much I had to have my own. Wondering how anyone likes theirs? I usually don't have a problem with recoil, but have not fired a sc yet. Thanks for the info. Can't wait till that little beauty gets here :lol:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Hi, and welcome aboard.

I've got a 40SC, and I have no problems shooting it at all. A little bit of muzzle flip maybe, but still extremely controllable.

Besides, I wouldn't be surprised to see conversion barrels for the SC in the near future (maybe? pleeeeeaase? :))

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have one as well. Recoil isn't any worse than on my Sig 2340 really. My only complaint is the trigger. I just can't get used to that trigger safety and it seems little rougher than my Sig. Maybe a trigger job will fix that though. Overall, I really like it and it's a good shooter. Very accurate out of the box and easily concealed (the main thing I bought it for).

·
Registered
72 Posts
I own an XD SC .40 and several other .40 weapons. The XD SC is probably the most controllable for me. The other .40 pistols I own are full size too and for me the XD SC .40 with the Pearce extension beats them every time. I think it just fits my hand better. Don't let people scare you either about the bore being too much higher than the grip. Not an issue at all.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Agreed. The XD's bore does sit higher than many other guns, but due to the ergonomics, the XD actually is quicker to come back on target than most others I've shot. I've run over 50 different guns through qualifications and my XD service has the highest score followed by a P7M8 and a Kimber.

EDIT: I was way wrong. The XD's bore sits lower than other guns. Didn't realize it til I compared it to my other guns. The shape of the slide just makes it look like it's higher.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just bought my xd40 SC today, got the 3 mag/holster deal for 469.99.

I have the 5 inch tactical 9mm already and love it but it was a bit large for carry purposes, so I got the XD40 SC for CCW carry.

I have not shot it yet but it feels GREAT in my hand, and it came with on 12 round mag (in addition to the two regular mags) with the sleeve extender.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the feedback I can't wait till it gets here. I've shot a buddies 9mm tactical and felt the recoil was much better managed on it than on my beretta 9000s. Very quick back on target. So I sold Beretta to fund the xd cause I liked it so much. I hope it conceals as easy as my CZ Rami.

Cheers all

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the XD40 Tactical. Recoil is minimal, aiming is like pointing your finger at something. Great gun! I like shooting some of the bigger stuff. I've had 2 .44 mags in the past, but I still think the .40 has a lot less recoil than what some people are talking/complaining about.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i know i can pop off a full clip of 10 rounds as fast as i can pull the trigger and they all will hit the target in the sillouette (forgive the spelling) :roll:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an XDSC 40 Stainless. The peace grip extensions are a MUST. That said, the only time I found significant muzzle flip was shooting Gold Dot 155's. I've also used used UMC 165's, American Eagle 165's and WWB 180's. All easily controllable... especially with the grip extension. You will love it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts