Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want night sights on my XD9 Tactical, and I am debating between the Meps or the Truglos...

I have used meps before and liked them... any feed back on the Truglos?

Are they as good as they advertise?

Keeping in mind of course I use this pistol to shoot local action matches.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
The Trueglo`s are just as bright as the Merolight, and they do work as advertised. The are bright during the day due to the fiber optic, and at night they are again bright becuase of the tritium.

The cons though are that they dont have a warrenty near what meps do. less than 1yr vs meps 10-12 this is important to some people.

Also if you like to take a can of break free (or other gun cleaner) and spary it all over the out side of your slide to clean your pistol. Then either you will have to make a gun lifestyle change or avoid the TFO`s. Gun cleaners and the fiber optic dont mix. if you dont spray down the slide you should be good to go.

I do offer free installation, which I recomend you could do it your self if your mechanicaly inclinded though.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I chose the TFO's because of the fiber and tritium they were fairly easy to install after talking with AJames (who I got them from) it was real easy just filed the edges alittle and tapped in place I did however leave the rear one alittle easier to get in and out to adjust windage the first time I took them out I could not believe the diffrence.
But AJames is right don't get chems as they will melt the fiber.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I usually use "Simple Green" to clean all my guns. Would this have any negative affect on the TFOs?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts