Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was curious if anyone had this happen

I have a XD9 Tactical. Took slide of to clean it and decided to wait.

Put slide back on and pulled back to get in slide locked in place. Suddenly the slide just stopped and jammed in place

Looking through the ejection port you can see the barrel dropped and the feed ramp jammed in front of the locking block.

Looks like the barrel for whatever reason dropped before it was in the right spot.

Anyone ever had that happen??

Already talked with Springfield and they said they'd never seen anything like it. So right now my XD is on UPS plane back to springfield :(

Regards

Noxio

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I think you are describing your problem really badly. It doesn't make any sense. The slide will "slide" back onto the frame with little or no effort. If there is something wrong in this process it should be glaringly obvious.

Raymond

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Captain Ray said:
The slide will "slide" back onto the frame with little or no effort. If there is something wrong in this process it should be glaringly obvious.
Raymond
Well i thought i explained that it was glaring obvious something was wrong. I didn't ask for a solution. Just asked if anyone else had experienced this since Springfield told me they never seen anything like that happen.

You look through the ejection port/chamber and you can see the feed ramp on the barrel jammed in place in front of the locking block.
The barrel instead of going back and falling in place on the locking block dropped to early which caused the feed ramp to jamp in front of the locking block.

I do not know how else to explain it.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Yes....Your barrel got pushed down when you were slideing the slide back on. It should have looked like the feedramp was hooked under the locking block. To get it off all you had to do is release the sear and push the slide forward and off. Its actually about a 2 min fix to bad you diddnt ask first now your with out the pistol for a while.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your info Ajames

I had a local gunsmith look at it and he could not get anything to come apart,

Next time i will come here first. DUH I should have known better. :oops:

Repeat 100 times fast, "NExt time ask Ajames first" :wink:

Regards

Noxio

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
James is like Yoda. Consult him you must.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ask James before SA. Like he said, you now have a pistol for a few weeks when you could've done it yourself. Not flaming you or anything, just letting you know how its done around here.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
Yes....Your barrel got pushed down when you were slideing the slide back on. It should have looked like the feedramp was hooked under the locking block. To get it off all you had to do is release the sear and push the slide forward and off. Its actually about a 2 min fix to bad you diddnt ask first now your with out the pistol for a while.
Yup. Always ask the master.

BTW, I had it happen. I just pulled the trigger and it released and I counted my lucky stars

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yep... This happened to me too.

I wrapped the barrel in duct tape so I could get a grip on it, pulled it forward and worked it with a soft wooden dowel so it would come loose. It scared the sheet out of me at first. I had to study it for about an hour, but I finally figured out why the slide would not move. I had to re-polish the sides of the feed ramp because it was scratched pretty badly on each side. Took about 10 seconds once I figured out what the problem was and why it was stuck.

J

G

·
I had a problem with my XD last night when I reassembled it after cleaning it. I don't know what happened, but for some reason when I put the slide on to reassemble it the barrel stayed in the slide but the guide rod protruded out. And, the rod was sticking out an an angle. I took it apart and looked at it. Everything was in there right. Reassembled, and it did it again. So, I took pulled the slide off and looked at it. Everything was tight.The third time was no problem. Each time I had put the slide on when it had the problem, the slide would not go quite all the way back so that I could completely install it. Anybody know what the prob might have been? :?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know I am dragging up an old post but it is an old post that saved me a heart attack.

I had the above problem and could not find anything on-line about how to fix it. About 15 min before I was getting picked up to go shoot with a group of people and I was going to have to face the shame of messing up my gun. (it is my only gun ... so they would have noticed) I found this post and I was saved from the shame.

THANK YOU

1 - 11 of 11 Posts