Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'll admit less spectactular creativity on the color choice since at least 2 other folks here have the same color but I just love the Black Fusion finish. :D :D :D :D

Anyway, on top of the refinish I got the melted in Bomar adj rear sight with a FO front and of course a trigger job. To top it all off even though the Bomar's require milling slide he had it ready in 7 days.

Haven't time to do anything except dry fire so far but range time tonight, tomorrow and a match on Sunday are in my future.
:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Fantastic. You're gonna love it. I still remember the feeling when I first took mine out of the box from Rich. I'm with you on the Black Fusion. I plan on having at least two others done the same way.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Old School said:
How does that trigger feel? Make sure you post a range report. The gun looks great!
I took a minute to go out back and squeeze off a few rounds out back. All I can say is SWEET!!!! :D :D :D

Full range report coming after the match this Sunday.

Silentknight said:
How much that set you back, if you don't mind me asking (I'm also considering the black fusion finish)
Don't mind at all, the whole package was $475 + shipping. Most of that is tied up in the melted in Bomar's. I believe a refinish including small parts by itself runs in the $130-$150 range. Check Pistol Gear or Canyon Creek for the correct pricing.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Looks good, but what kind of coating is that on the grips? It looks good too but I don't really like how it goes straight up the front side of the grip and doesn't blend in with the rest of the frame.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cuda said:
Looks good, but what kind of coating is that on the grips? It looks good too but I don't really like how it goes straight up the front side of the grip and doesn't blend in with the rest of the frame.
Its not a coating and not really meant to blend; its Trugrip and IMO it kicks the llama's arse out of skate tape or slip on grips.

Check it out on Ajames' or Old School's sites:

http://www.xd-hs2000.com/grips.html

http://www.pistol-gear.com/proddetail.php?prod=38PA

·
Registered
492 Posts
Thanks for the info, it looked in the pics like it was some kind of spray-on coating.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Damn I cant wait to order mine!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
ichy_trigger said:
Damn I cant wait to order mine!
so whacha waitin fer? make ya feel good? and let me tell ya, I like the Canyon Creek koolaid. :)

I still think Rich owes me a shirt for all the pimpin I do on his work. (hint hint wink win nudge nudge) :)

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Tony,
I'll give you the shirt off my back but, it won't say Canyon Creek. Todays shirt says Capstone Constructors. I'll get some CC shirts in the near future.
Rich

1 - 13 of 13 Posts