Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sent my XD off to springfield on wednesday for some finish issues, extreme holster wear and nasty scratched caused by the light touch from a holster's thumbstrap.

the best part was I went into the local FedEx and the lady asked if she could help me. I opened my case, showing my gun dissassembled. She asked how i wanted to send and i said the cheaper the better. She said ok and told me ground was best bet. So i pack up the box inside the store, declared the extra value for insurance and off it went, ground shipping to Springfield.

Total: 10.50 w/ box.

I wasn't going to point out that the lady did not even know her damn policies. Just to clarify, this was an actual FedEx distrubution center, (trucks in the back loading packages) NOT a third party authorized shipper.

:D

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Yup, some dont care.... THat whole overnight thing is a scam. I send 2-3 day all the time now. Just FYI that they will suck if it gets "lost"

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yeah, the only reason they "require" overnight is for liability in case it is stolen. The less time they have it, the less chance of that happening.

Because of their dishonest employees we have to pay...

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I reckon it'd be a good idea keeping records of the serial numbers???

·
Registered
782 Posts
They'd probably shaft you if it got lost and say they aren't liable since you didn't ship per their policy or some such nonsense.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I found out something else, if you have some type of a small hard case, perhaps similar to what SA will send it back in if you don't send your pistol to them in one.

Put that in a small or medium fedex box then fill it with wads of newspaper, bubble wrap, or styrophoam peanuts. Since we're not dealing with glass here and it'll take more pressure firing a round than fedex could ever put on it by sitting stuff on it, not only do you not have to provide your own box but also fedex charges less if you use their boxes.

I've yet to ever get a fedex box that was crushed or otherwise destroyed and this past year I've ordered close to $15,000 worth of computer stuff from newegg, most of it coming in fedex boxes and nothing damaged yet!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts