Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
No, you're right. The HST is the newer ammo that has better reviews from what I have read.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
HST are the newest SD hollowpoints from federal.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
HST's seem to be the ammo of choice from Federal right now, according to most everyone's responses and reviews out there. I run HST's in both my 9 and 45 XD's and they work like a champ.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Not only is the HST supposedly better than the Hydra-Shok (which may have problems expanding if the tip gets clogged with material), but it's also less than half the cost per round compared to the Hydra-Shok.

Better, cheaper, not necessarily faster.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've looked at the Federal Premium Ammunition website and did not find HST rounds available. I could be looking in the wrong place, and would appreciate any help in finding the manufacturers reference to this ammo.

Also, I've see mention, in this forum and others, of tests that illustrate the HST ammunition is superior to Hydra-Shok ammunition. Does anyone have links to those tests?

Are HST standard pressure rounds or +P?

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I've looked at the Federal Premium Ammunition website and did not find HST rounds available. I could be looking in the wrong place, and would appreciate any help in finding the manufacturers reference to this ammo.

Also, I've see mention, in this forum and others, of tests that illustrate the HST ammunition is superior to Hydra-Shok ammunition. Does anyone have links to those tests?

Are HST standard pressure rounds or +P?
You need to look at the LE catalog for the HST. I have a liknk on my web site and will post it later.

http://glarp.atk.com/2007/2007_Catalogs/FederalLE.pdf

1 - 15 of 15 Posts