·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
45 ACP Ammo
45 ACP - 205 Grain SHP - Federal Syntech Defense - 20 Rounds
$16.50
(80.0¢ to 82.5¢ per round)

Want to try something a little different than a tried and true hollow point for your self-defense weapon? Federal’s got just the ticket with this 45 ACP cartridge from their Syntech Defense line of ammunition. This round features a 205 grain segmented hollow point projectile. Rather than expanding, it breaks off into separate pieces like the space shuttle as it leaves the atmosphere. The core carries on along its original trajectory to create a wound channel 12 to 18 inches in depth, while the three outer segments make their own wound channels each at least six inches in depth. This bullet works marvelously even if it must first penetrate heavy fabric, so you’ll be safer from assailants clad in heavy parkas. (These are typically a greater threat in places like Maine and Minnesota than, for example, Florida.)

This round’s bullet features a high tech Syntech jacket. The blue polymer does away with copper fouling that would gradually deplete accuracy, making it a more certain bet for when you’re not sure when you might next be able to clean your weapon. Syntech also generates measurably less friction in the bore as well, making this round a great investment in your barrel’s longevity!

=======================================================================

Anyone tried this ?

·
Premium Member
21,682 Posts
Does it breakup before impact or when it reaches enough wind resistance?

·
Registered
29,575 Posts
I’ve seen it advertised, but not in the wild yet.

Not a new idea; segmented bullets have been around for a long time...Triton Quick-Shock .22’s immediately come to mind, I’m pretty sure they’ve been around for other calibers as well.

Personally? No thanks. Those segments aren’t going to penetrate very deeply, and the base isn’t going to chew a very wide channel. I’d sooner go with a proven JHP.

·
Registered
18,668 Posts
I'll wait to see how it does on YouTube against a water jug, the ultimate measure of defensive ability for all ammo.

That aside, yeah I'd have to see a lot more to give up the Federal LE stuff I use now.

Does remind a bit of the old Nyclad hollow points, which were the cats crotch for a while.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does it breakup before impact
Only if there is a leak in one of the "boosters" ......................

:shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reactions: Snaphook

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Or different than the G2 RIP bullet? Other than splitting into only 3 + a core section vs a bunch + a core section.

·
Registered
9,513 Posts
Space Shuttles were notoriously inconsistent when it came to fragmentation.

That post is in very bad taste and should not be read by anyone, ever.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Space Shuttles were notoriously inconsistent when it came to fragmentation.

That post is in very bad taste and should not be read by anyone, ever.
Funny as hell ! You get to drive this week ... !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts