Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have the "first generation of the Mod 2 SC in .45 ACP caliber with the dreaded "grip zone" marking :) wondering if anyone here has any in-hand experience with the Hydra-Shok rounds in the caliber? I ask because a few years ago there was an issue with a personal defense Hornady round would snag on the feed ramp and not feed properly due a "plug" in the very tip of the bullet.

I like the ballistics of the P45HSD1 but admittedly have not run any through any weapon I own.

Just curious---there are 300 rounds on their way to me so the die is cast as they say. :)

TIA

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have shot those in the past, with no issues. I believe the Hydra-Shok has been discontinued, however.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I haven't had any issues with either Hydra-shok or HST in any of my springfields... (1st gen XDs 9mm, XDm 9mm, XDm .45 or XD .45)... I am currently using the HST as my EDC carry rounds.
I did have the issues you described with the Hornady bullets with the red "plug" in the tip.

·
Registered
29,588 Posts
I think you mean 230gr, not 210.

And the only way to see if it works in ypur firearm is to run it in ypur firearm; whether it works (or doesn't) in somebody else's firearm—even though the same model—is immaterial. There are minute differences between guns (called tolerance stacking) that make each one unique,

·
Registered
943 Posts
I had issues with the CD in one of my .45s. I can't remember which now but it was hanging up feeding. I switched over to HST in everything and have had no problems. My " Dreaded Grip Zone" XD Mod2 Service model loves them.

Also Hydra Shok has not been discontinued and the 210 gr. is a classic, very reliable and consistent defense round. Palmetto State Armory has them right now. They call them "Deep" now though.

·
Registered
29,588 Posts
I had issues with the CD in one of my .45s. I can't remember which now but it was hanging up feeding. I switched over to HST in everything and have had no problems. My " Dreaded Grip Zone" XD Mod2 Service model loves them.

Also Hydra Shok has not been discontinued and the 210 gr. is a classic, very reliable and consistent defense round. Palmetto State Armory has them right now. They call them "Deep" now though.
HydraShok and HydraShok Deep are two completely different rounds...there are radical differences in design between the two, mainly in the center post, but also on the jacket skiving and wall thickness.

·
Registered
84 Posts
For practice I use pmc 230 gr fmj and keep sig 230 gr jhp and use them in my two P220s, my Springfield Range Officer Champion, Springfield XDE which I added a set of the Hogue Handall grips and my Sig 1911 Emperor Scorpion Carry and havent had one problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts