Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
I use it in my carry gun, a .45 XD Compact. Just shot some more of it today actually. I have never had any problems with it, and feel comfortable carrying it. A few people on here have had problems with their XD's shooting HST though. Feeding issues I think. Try searching this room and the Ammo Can. You should be able to find the threads discussing it.

Even though a few have had malfunctions with it, if you are interested in it, shoot a couple of boxes through your gun and see how it goes. If you have an XD, chances are it will love it. I don't trust my life to any ammo I haven't shot the hell out of first.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use it in my carry gun, a .45 XD Compact. Just shot some more of it today actually. I have never had any problems with it, and feel comfortable carrying it. A few people on here have had problems with their XD's shooting HST though. Feeding issues I think. Try searching this room and the Ammo Can. You should be able to find the threads discussing it.

Even though a few have had malfunctions with it, if you are interested in it, shoot a couple of boxes through your gun and see how it goes. If you have an XD, chances are it will love it. I don't trust my life to any ammo I haven't shot the hell out of first.
im gonna order acouple of boxes an try it. how many rounds do you shoot before you trust it?

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
With my XD, I had shot several hundred rounds of different brands without a hiccup before I shot the HST, and felt comfortable carrying it after a couple of boxes. I have shot more since without an issue. But I really trust that gun. Now take my Keltec, it hasn't had a malfunction yet, but it is a lower quality gun and I will shoot it quite a bit a more before I feel 100% fine with it. I still carry it when I can't carry my XD, but it's just not as comforting.

·
Registered
211 Posts
After reading some of the testing data on the HST, it seems to be a very good round for defense use. However, I believe the manufacturer markets it as Law Enforcement only. I'm not sure that their marketing scheme has any bearing on the legality of civilian use other than making it harder to get, but it might make a court defense a bit more difficult if somebody did have to use it in a civilian self-defense action. (kinda like those "evil" Winchester Black Talons that the media villified a few years back)

Any comments on this aspect of using the HST?

Alchemist77

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
I read an article by Massad Ayoob that said he had never heard of a case where using "law enforcement only" ammo has ever effected a case. It's perfectly legal for civilian use, plus it can be favorable for someone who would have to go to trial. It you are accused of say, knowingly using a round with over-penetration issues, you can call there BS card by pointing out that law enforcement deems it safe to use.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had never heard of the HST but after reading a review where a guy shot 9mm into phone books to test different rounds it sounds great. The expansion was incredible, 9mm expanded to the size of a nickle. I think I will pick some up and try them out.

Bullet results after firing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts