Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought my first 9mm, a xdm 3.8, and I need some good quality HD ammo. After doing some research, I narrowed the options down to HST or GD's in 124 +p. Does anybody have any experience with these? And is it really advantageous having the bonded bullet like with the GD? Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
29,735 Posts
They are both some of the best loads out there; neither one will be a bad choice.

Buy a box of each and see which one your gun in your hands likes best, instead of what works in some anonymous interwebz stranger's pistol.

Fwiw, I do believe HST is also a bonded bullet. But, if you ever need to go through a barrier--say, window glass, or wallboard, etc...the bonded bullet will tend to hold up better.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I like 147gr better. I personally use Golden saber 147gr JHB bonded. Our gold dot's 147gr. Gold dot's are bonded as well.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Cuda is right, as usual, when it comes to ammo related questions. Gold Dots work fine in my XD9, but would have bought HST's too if they were available at the time.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sorry to jack, but where can I get HST's 9mm? I cannot find them in Orlando and the ammo sights that I have checked. Looking for as cheap as possible and would like to pick up local if possible.

·
Registered
413 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
I like both . My XD service feeds both flawlessly and accuracy is very good with both. I use the 124gr. +P HST and get them through ATG . In wetpack performance is very similar too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts