1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
16 Posts
+1 for Ammo To Go. I went to my local range yesterday and noticd that they stocked the Federal HST .45 230gr. I got really excited thinking that I would no longer have to pay S&H. I asked the guy at the counter "How much?" He said "$58 for a box of 50rds". I almost crapped my pants. As soon as I got home, I logged onto ammo to go and ordered 4 boxes (200 rds). I knew there was a reason why I continued to shop at AMG.

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
It not listed now??? If it is I am blind which would not be the first time.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Try the Speer Gold Dots as they are available more readily than either the Fed or Win Ranger T. Gilbert Guns have them in stock at this time.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Try the Speer Gold Dots as they are available more readily than either the Fed or Win Ranger T. Gilbert Guns have them in stock at this time.
But aren't HST's magical? Obviously they must be 100 times better than other Defensive hollow points on the market, right?:cool:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I just put in my order for Win. Ranger LE 147gr bonded. This is a steal these days at $19.95 per 50 and it should be perfect for my little Kahr PM9.

brad

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've been looking at Ammunition To Go for the HST and they do not even list it now. So I looked at Streichers.com. They at least list the HST but if they are BackOrdered that will be stated. The Tactical Bonded 9mm is in stock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ammo to go doesn't list items that are not in stock. They update the site regularly so check back often. The HST is usually gone in a day or two but you can't be the price.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I just put in my order for Win. Ranger LE 147gr bonded. This is a steal these days at $19.95 per 50 and it should be perfect for my little Kahr PM9.

brad
You're not going to have much velocity out of that little Kahr with the heavy 147gr HP. Accuracy will probably be worth than a lighter round. Def do a range test before carrying it.

·
Registered
616 Posts
LOL, I wonder how many people see this thread and get a woody, not realizing that it's two months old. :lol:

Shouldn't be funny, but it kinda is.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
r
You're not going to have much velocity out of that little Kahr with the heavy 147gr HP. Accuracy will probably be worth than a lighter round. Def do a range test before carrying it.
Modern 147gr ammo performs better out of short-barreled guns than lighter rounds. I'm on my iPhone now so I can't link you to my evidence for that but it's been discussed here before if to do a search. Or maybe agalindo will come along and link us.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
r

Modern 147gr ammo performs better out of short-barreled guns than lighter rounds. I'm on my iPhone now so I can't link you to my evidence for that but it's been discussed here before if to do a search. Or maybe agalindo will come along and link us.
I'll second that. I did some water jug tests covered in two layers of denim with my 147gr HSTs. Out of my XD9sc it got beautiful perfect flowers out of that 3 inch barrel. It penetrated two layers of denim then three 1 gallon milk jugs bouncing off the ass portion of the jeans that I had draped over the test jugs in the back. I found the round laying on the ground with out it damaging the seat part of the pants. I'm going to try to do some gelatin tests this summer. I have a Knox recipe that duplicates calibrated ballistic gelatin.

·
Registered
38 Posts
ATG has reduced its offerings in 9mm ...seems to be "running" thin in options...unknown how long to "restock" ?? ....especially Federal LE, etc....Streichers and Georgia Arms is also B/O or "out" of many selections

1 - 17 of 17 Posts