Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
18,668 Posts
Coolio, if it does what they say it looks like the best option out there.

·
Registered
9,513 Posts
Sub-$200 LCPs are suddenly interesting.

Time for another "Ankle Carry" thread.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Tell that to someone looking down the wrong side of the barrel of any firearm...
By that logic you should just carry a .22 caliber zip gun. Or fuck, a slingshot. I’m pretty sure if I tag you between the headlights with a marble fired from a Wrist Rocket you ain’t getting back up.

·
Registered
337 Posts
By that logic you should just carry a .22 caliber zip gun. Or ****, a slingshot. I’m pretty sure if I tag you between the headlights with a marble fired from a Wrist Rocket you ain’t getting back up.
Exactly, sometimes the only point of a firearm is to break contact.

·
Registered
9,513 Posts
I don't know what times those are. If I make a decision to pull a weapon it's because I've decided to kill something.
Here's a time:
A giant drunk (but mostly affable) crackhead fixes on young a convenience store. He has no boundaries and gets too close and takes offense when you step back and firmly ask him to keep his distance. In about 2 seconds you've become the focus of his crappy life and he's on you.

You can fight a "fair fight" or you can get him off you immediately.

So you've made the decision about using lethal force and you put a couple of pills in his basket... maybe more than a couple.

Now he's off and wounded... do you go and finish him? I wouldn't recommend it.

Nevermind the stuff about staying out of sketchy areas and situational awareness, we do our best with those things. But the decision to use lethal force doesn't always end in lethality... it just means that your willing to use it.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Here's a time:
A giant drunk (but mostly affable) crackhead fixes on young a convenience store. He has no boundaries and gets too close and takes offense when you step back and firmly ask him to keep his distance. In about 2 seconds you've become the focus of his crappy life and he's on you.

You can fight a "fair fight" or you can get him off you immediately.

So you've made the decision about using lethal force and you put a couple of pills in his basket... maybe more than a couple.

Now he's off and wounded... do you go and finish him? I wouldn't recommend it.

Nevermind the stuff about staying out of sketchy areas and situational awareness, we do our best with those things. But the decision to use lethal force doesn't always end in lethality... it just means that your willing to use it.

Hard to say without actually being in the moment, but if I was within a few feet of him and I didn’t see a weapon it’s very likely I’d just start lighting him up with the weapons god gave me. If it played out like your scenario though and he straggled off wounded I wouldn’t follow him and finish him off. If he is no longer a threat, deadly force is unjustifiable.
None of this is relevant to my point however. The weapon I carry is not for scaring or wounding anyone. And if I make the decision to draw that weapon I have already decided to try to kill something not to scare or disable them. My rule is this. Don’t pull a weapon unless you’re going to shoot and don’t shoot anything you’re not trying to kill.

You guys are free to operate under your own set of rules though. Matters not to me my brother.

·
Registered
29,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hard to say without actually being in the moment, but if I was within a few feet of him and I didn’t see a weapon it’s very likely I’d just start lighting him up with the weapons god gave me. If it played out like your scenario though and he straggled off wounded I wouldn’t follow him and finish him off. If he is no longer a threat, deadly force is unjustifiable.
None of this is relevant to my point however. The weapon I carry is not for scaring or wounding anyone. And if I make the decision to draw that weapon I have already decided to try to kill something not to scare or disable them. My rule is this. Don’t pull a weapon unless you’re going to shoot and don’t shoot anything you’re not trying to kill.

You guys are free to operate under your own set of rules though. Matters not to me my brother.
Your lawyer's gonna hate you.

·
Registered
29,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My lawyer is a fucking pitbull. And he loves me.

Besides, unless you're not comprehending what I wrote, nothing I said is outside of the law. In my state anyway.
You are aware that there are things that are entirely within the law, yet hard to defend in front of a jury, right?

And it’s likely your attorney will love you, after you get done paying him for making his job more difficult.

You shoot to stop the threat. Whether they live or die is immaterial, as long as the threat is neutralized.

·
Registered
914 Posts
You are aware that there are things that are entirely within the law, yet hard to defend in front of a jury, right?

And it’s likely your attorney will love you, after you get done paying him for making his job more difficult.

You shoot to stop the threat. Whether they live or die is immaterial, as long as the threat is neutralized.

So you think I'm going to tell the cops or the court that I was trying to kill the guy?

Look, first off the entire scenario is ridiculous. The guy in the convenience store or whatever didn't even appear to be a threat from what I read. Getting in your personal space is not justification for assault. Unless the dude swings first or verbally threatens you, you can't just start beating his ass. And unless he produces a weapon or in some way you can justify being in fear for your life, shooting him is not justified. As I stated, IF THE SCENARIO PLAYED OUT AS IT WAS STATED and I wounded the guy, I would NOT follow him to finish him off. Right there definitive proof my intent was not to kill him, but to stop the threat. That's exactly what I said right.

If you shoot a guy in self defense and you are attempting to do it in a non lethal way, you're an idiot. You are reading way too far into this made up scenario and obviously missed or ignored shit which I clearly stated.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts