Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This is my first post on this board. I was at Cabela's today and found Federal Champion for 15.99 per box (17.50 after tax). The only better deal I have found is Tula for $12.69 at CTD. Unfortunately the range I shoot at doesn't allow Steel Jacketed Ammo. I got my 550 rounds and thought you might want to know. This was the Cabela's in Hazelwood, Mo., I am not sure if this is every Cabela's but definitely at the Hazelwood Store.

FB45acp

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi all,

This is my first post on this board. I was at Cabela's today and found Federal Champion for 15.99 per box (17.50 after tax). The only better deal I have found is Tula for $12.69 at CTD. Unfortunately the range I shoot at doesn't allow Steel Jacketed Ammo. I got my 550 rounds and thought you might want to know. This was the Cabela's in Hazelwood, Mo., I am not sure if this is every Cabela's but definitely at the Hazelwood Store.

FB45acp
Or check this deal out, just as good as Fed Champion. Comes to $15.20 a box after shipping to my state. And you dont have to leave your house. :)

Special Purchase - 1000 rds - 45 ACP / Auto 230 GR FMJ Brass Case Aguila Ammo | SGAmmo.com

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
I am not sure if this is every Cabela's but definitely at the Hazelwood Store.
I bought 3k rounds out in AZ back in Mar/Apr so it's not just yours. Bought mine online but if you ship it to the local store and pick it up you don't pay shipping. Just remember it's small primer if you are reloading. I was told by a distributor though that everyone is moving to small primer so it may not be an issue in the future.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I picked up a 100 box of Winchester 45 ACP for $36 at Walmart a few minutes ago. I was actually surprised at what they had there, being in MD. I did get some funny looks from the door checker on the way out though.

·
Registered
29,734 Posts
I picked up 800 rnds of WWB .45 for $17.99/50 ($35.97/100) at my local wally world today. $360/1k is a pretty damn good price for .45 these days.

Fed Champ was actually more expensive, and WWB uses standard large primers (instead of small primer Champions) like all my other .45 brass.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
///MCoupé;2959551 said:
what's the significance of the primer sizes you guys mention?
Historically .45 brass used large primers but Federal uses small in the Champion line so, if you reload, you need a slightly different setup for the Champion brass. As mentioned above, my distributor told me that eventually everyone will be moving to small primers. If you don't reload it makes no difference.

///MCoupé;2959276 said:
Glendale AZ is showing $21/50rd but I'll check when I get out there this weekend - $15.99 would be awesome, thanks!!
Check online. When I bought mine it was only available for $15.99 on the website but I had it shipped to Glendale for pickup. In the store it was still about .40 per round.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
fyi I found out that the Cabela's web price is a general price and doesn't reflect their individual store prices - no surprise there - but what a bad way to run a business. Too many people check the web prices before making large purchases locally at their stores.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Historically .45 brass used large primers but Federal uses small in the Champion line so, if you reload, you need a slightly different setup for the Champion brass. As mentioned above, my distributor told me that eventually everyone will be moving to small primers. If you don't reload it makes no difference.
Thanks for the info - I've seen references to small vs. large primers - and didn't know what the difference was.

·
Registered
144 Posts
///MCoupé;2961208 said:
fyi I found out that the Cabela's web price is a general price and doesn't reflect their individual store prices - no surprise there - but what a bad way to run a business. Too many people check the web prices before making large purchases locally at their stores.
Not sure about Cabela's, but you can usually buy online, pick up in store.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
managed to get the Federal .45 at $15.99 after all so I picked up a few thousand rounds of that as well as the 9mm on sale with free dry boxes. Add to that several nice b'day presents for the family and my Visa looks like it went through a 5 rounder at the UFC.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts