Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to pass this on if anyone is interested. Just received an email from SGAmmo that this ammo is now in stock. They are selling case lots of 1000 rounds for $579.00. 50 rounds per box, 20 boxes per case. Estimated shipping is $25.00. With shipping it comes to $30.20 per box. Product is P45HST1. Quantity in stock right now is 22 cases.

Did a quick search, not a detailed one, and it looks to be running about $40 per box if it is in stock.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
If anyone is wondering, SGAmmo is a great outfit to deal with. Bought more than my share of ammo from them over the past few years with nothing but great experiences every time.

Wondering if I should crack open the wallet to jump on some of the 9mm and 40S&W HST they have in stock right now...

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
If anyone is wondering, SGAmmo is a great outfit to deal with. Bought more than my share of ammo from them over the past few years with nothing but great experiences every time.

Wondering if I should crack open the wallet to jump on some of the 9mm and 40S&W HST they have in stock right now...
I noticed today that had quite a bit. It is usually not in stock?

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
It's been much better as of late. I don't think this stuff is going to sell out in a matter of minutes like it has in the past, though. My stash is a little depleted since supply has been spotty over the last few years and the testing I've been doing with potential carry pieces.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
It's been much better as of late. I don't think this stuff is going to sell out in a matter of minutes like it has in the past, though. My stash is a little depleted since supply has been spotty over the last few years and the testing I've been doing with potential carry pieces.
After reading quite a bit on self defense ammo over the last couple weeks I decided that is what I am going to start carrying. They are the only ones that I have found that have any.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Hey Jon, other than cosmetic, is there a difference in the 'government contract' brass case HST and the nickel?

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Honestly, I don't believe so. Some people may like the nickle cases (due to supposedly better corrosion resistance and slicker feeding from the mag into the chamber), but I don't because I like to reload. Nickle is a PITA in that regard. I was eyeballing some of that Gov't contract overrun ammo, myself.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Honestly, I don't believe so. Some people may like the nickle cases (due to supposedly better corrosion resistance and slicker feeding from the mag into the chamber), but I don't because I like to reload. Nickle is a PITA in that regard. I was eyeballing some of that Gov't contract overrun ammo, myself.
Are the HST bullets fairly easy to find?

I need to start reloading......

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Good deal, thanks. I don't care about the looks, just as long as that 230gr flying ashtray does it's job lol.

I think I'll order a few boxes of the brass cased HST.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Are the HST bullets fairly easy to find?

I need to start reloading......
I don't believe the HSTs are available for reloading.
Good deal, thanks. I don't care about the looks, just as long as that 230gr flying ashtray does it's job lol.

I think I'll order a few boxes of the brass cased HST.
They'll do their job. I was impressed with their performance, especially after going through denim (yes, I'm aware this is a test of the 147gr 9mm HST):

I dare someone to find better performing bullets. ;)

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts