Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've basically given up on 3 o'clock carry. My 31" waist and narrow hips just don't work concealing even a small pistol. The lopsided effect it has on my pants is too obvious.

Now I'm trying to figure out some good options for small-of-back carry. I don't like the idea of anything sitting directly behind my spine, so it'll probably be somewhere between 4-5 o'clock, inside the waistband.

Any suggestions? I'm especially interested in hearing from any of you with similarly small waists or who carry small-of-back.

·
Registered
769 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I have a 32 inch waist, and I typically pull my regular holster back a little to around 4 o'clock while i carry. I use a Raven Concealment Systems Ghost Holster.

Here's a review:

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/hs2000-sa-xd-accessories/63309-raven-concealment-systems-ghost-holster.html

I also will be using their phantom holster when I finally decide to order a lefty:

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/photo-gallery/56179-raven-concealment-systems-phantom-holster-xd9sc-review-intensive-pics.html
wow man that was the best write up i have ever seen for a holster
you honestly convinced me to buy that holster just on your write up of it
it isnt a bad price at all
i was a little confused though as to which accesories or for that particular holster

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 32 inch waist, and I typically pull my regular holster back a little to around 4 o'clock while i carry. I use a Raven Concealment Systems Ghost Holster.

Here's a review:

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/hs2000-sa-xd-accessories/63309-raven-concealment-systems-ghost-holster.html

I also will be using their phantom holster when I finally decide to order a lefty:

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/photo-gallery/56179-raven-concealment-systems-phantom-holster-xd9sc-review-intensive-pics.html

Wow...too much information to digest while I'm sitting here at work. I'm gonna have to sit down and read those when I get home. I've been interested in the Raven holsters, particularly because of Mercop's positive review. Thanks for the recommendation.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
>100 people are gonna say supertuck

SuperTuck...

(99 more to go) :lol:

·
Registered
107 Posts
>100 people are gonna say supertuck

SuperTuck...

(99 more to go) :lol:
Yep. I'm a 32" waist and wear my supertuck between 4-5 oclock, with a lot of forward cant and the pistol sitting low to the belt line. I also have an OWB by DM Bullard that fits perfectly at 5 oclock. Both holsters are great and conceal well even on my small frame.

Also worth mentioning, I carry a xd9 service. It would be nice to have something like a sc, but it really does conceal nicely and I often almost forget that its there.

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a Comp-Tac MTAC which is conceptually the same as a Supertuck, and I can't say I find it that comfortable at 4-5 o'clock. I've also owned a Supertuck for my PSP, and had the same problem. I could see how it should be comfortable, but no matter the position, cant, or height I tried, it just never felt right.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
If you would like to try one of holsters and it does not work out for you just send it back. How does that sound,it would cost you 5 bucks to send it back,but we don't get very many sent back

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am a size 30 waist and I carry either an XDSC in a Supertuck or a Glock 17 in a Galco Summer Comfort. Both are carried at about 4-4:30 in size 32 pants. The XD conceals under a t-shirt and the Glock conceals under an untucked button-up.
In my opinion, the Supertuck is the most comfortable holster I've used in that position.

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you would like to try one of holsters and it does not work out for you just send it back. How does that sound,it would cost you 5 bucks to send it back,but we don't get very many sent back
I might, but you don't list the Kahr K9 as a compatible model on your site, only the Kahr P-series. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I have a 31/32 inch waist myself. I recently purchased a DM Bullard IWB Dual Carry. This thing is amazingly crafted. It seriously fits like a glove. I am new to CC and have never worn a pistol attached to my hip before, but i honestly got in my truck the other day and didn't notice it. My gf had no clue i was carrying until i finally said something. It is a beautiful holster and fits very nice. I currently am carring and have it at about the 4-5 o'clock like you mentioned and there are no profiling issues. I just took three pictures for you.

This is my 9mm XD 4" Service Btw..

here is just a side shot of the DM iwb - no profiling...

This is what it looks like. Awesome CC Holster for a reasonable price. Very comfortable too..

Hope this helps.

Trent

·
Registered
245 Posts
you ever try wearing it as a tuckable as its advertised it can be? Just curios as its on my short list of holsters to get

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
you ever try wearing it as a tuckable as its advertised it can be? Just curios as its on my short list of holsters to get
I assume your asking me?
I have not. I set it up tuckable real quick, but figured i wouldn't be tucking it in much so put it back. It was real easy to do and looked like it would work fine.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I assume your asking me?
I have not. I set it up tuckable real quick, but figured i wouldn't be tucking it in much so put it back. It was real easy to do and looked like it would work fine.
cool. its down to the DM Bullard or the Supertuck. i so torn right now! :eek:

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
cool. its down to the DM Bullard or the Supertuck. i so torn right now! :eek:
I'm sure you can't go wrong with either, but i sure like the look of DM's oil stained leather. super sweet. many compliments on it already!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm sure you can't go wrong with either, but i sure like the look of DM's oil stained leather. super sweet. many compliments on it already!
Nice! does it stay open for one handed reholstering? This is one of my biggest pet peeves with the setup i have now.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Nice! does it stay open for one handed reholstering? This is one of my biggest pet peeves with the setup i have now.
I can get my XD 9 4" service in and out just fine. I'm sure it will get better when it gets broken in more..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts