Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Glock fan boys and girls, which is your favorite Glock? Most of you know I don't like them, although most of what I say is in fun. Since it looks like Glock just makes the same gun over and over in different sizes and calibers, which is your favorite model and why?

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
The G22 I purchased in an online auction for $350.

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
OK. Why that one? Good deal? Good shooter?
A great deal! It was NIB and I snapped it up in a late night auction while browsing the Internet. I also like the way it shoots. It is the only Glock I own.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
My favorite Glock is the one still at the gun store and not in my possession... :) Maybe in the future I might consider purchasing my favorite Glock but for now I am an XD fanboy... :)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Glock 19. Favorite because it is the only Glock I own.

That said, there may be a 30S calling my name.

kypix

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Jed- C'mon man..you know that "Resistance is Futile" :twisted:

You didn't say just 1, so for me it's 19, 26, 23, 27, 29, 36, 30s, and 42. :D

Why?? They are all great shooters, super reliable, easy to get parts for, and easy to fix. Looks? Not so much so, but the utilitarian look works for me.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I like the square ones... :)

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Hands down my Zev Tech Tier 1 Gen 3 Glock 17. Stippled grip, Fulcrum duty trigger, polished internals, fantastic sights...great ergos thanks to the stipple job. Kind of went through its own little torture test at Gunsite Academy in Arizona, fired through dirt, rocks, cheap ammo, no cleaning, 1500 rounds in 5 days.

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
My first Glock 19 9mm 4' model shot pretty good before I sold it 4 months ago and bought the Glock 21 .45acp model with some upgrades to it I love it.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Hands down my Zev Tech Tier 1 Gen 3 Glock 17. Stippled grip, Fulcrum duty trigger, polished internals, fantastic sights...great ergos thanks to the stipple job. Kind of went through its own little torture test at Gunsite Academy in Arizona, fired through dirt, rocks, cheap ammo, no cleaning, 1500 rounds in 5 days.

so jealous! some day....

·
Banned
0 Posts
My g21 SF it is suppressed. However I really like all of them for the reason you said they all look the same. My wife never can tell when I get a new one and if she asked if I traded one I just say yeah, "one of the black ones."

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
The G22 I purchased in an online auction for $350.
Plus with the G22 one could buy a G31 barrel for it and run 357sig using the G22 mags..

Out of the 9 Glocks I own, I shoot my Gen 2 G21 and Gen 2.5 G26 the best.
Not really sure why that is...:confused:

But, if I only could own one, it would be a Gen 2 G19..
Perfect size combo carry and home defense.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Best all-rounder IMHO is going to be a G19 or equivalent based on what caliber makes your pee-pee hard. It's also my favorite, because it's the only one I own! :lol:

Although I did just have my hands on a G41 yesterday, and I'm thinking I'll have to bring one home sooner, rather than later. I realized that Storm Lake makes a 10mm conversion for the G21/G21SF, so I'm hoping they bring one out for the G41 and it will make my decision VERY easy.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Best all-rounder IMHO is going to be a G19 or equivalent based on what caliber makes your pee-pee hard. It's also my favorite, because it's the only one I own! :lol:

Although I did just have my hands on a G41 yesterday, and I'm thinking I'll have to bring one home sooner, rather than later. I realized that Storm Lake makes a 10mm conversion for the G21/G21SF, so I'm hoping they bring one out for the G41 and it will make my decision VERY easy.
I don't know that there will be one. The 20/21 are built like tanks and the 41 isn't.

If it can be done, that's a nice package though.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
I don't know that there will be one. The 20/21 are built like tanks and the 41 isn't.

If it can be done, that's a nice package though.
Since I defer to your experience with the Glock platform, what's the concern with how the 41 is built? I understand that the 41's slide is the slimmer version like the 30s/36, which is one of the reasons I really like it. Will that make the 41 undesirable as a swap platform for the 10mm?

1 - 20 of 105 Posts