Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
What is your favorite 9mm load using 115 gr. plated bullets and Bullseye or W-231 powder???
I run FMJ o/ 5gr of W231. You might back that off to 4.9 for plated.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Back when I shot plated bullets it was 115gr berry's plated 4.5 gr bullseye.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
4.7 gr of bullseye, FMJ bullet. But I thiink you are better getting load data from manuals and suppliers.

GO here for some more options... 9 mm Load Data - Handloads.Com

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
4.7 gr of bullseye, FMJ bullet. But I thiink you are better getting load data from manuals and suppliers.

GO here for some more options... 9 mm Load Data - Handloads.Com
The issue, as always, is there is no specific data for plated bullets in any manuf. data base. The rule of thumb for plated, load it like a lead bullet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm using Berry's 125 gr. RN DS plated if it matters! I just was wondering what had worked for you. I have some Ranier information (these are plated also are they not:confused:) to go by and will probably start with a mid level load for a cast lead bullet. Thanks for the input:D!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use Vihtavuori N310 4.7 gr for my xdm 5.25 9 mm, 124 gr RN bullets. Results are not bad but I would like better. Small group want to target. Does anyone have experience with that?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well, my favorite 9x19 load does not use 115gn bullets, it doesn't use plated bullets, and it doesn't use either of those powders.
For Bullseye, right around 4.0-4.5gn and around 4.2-4.5gn for 231/HP38 tends to be about best for 115gn. Work up to those loads.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I run berrys 115grn plated with 7.0 grns of hs6 .... max load for jacketed, use data at own risk. - favorite 9mm load. 124grn plated at 6.6grns of hs6, also max jacketed data.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I noticed that I xdm to be a little more filling than a bullet to the CZ 75B if you want precise bullets. I guess because the XDM longer tube?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts