1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Sounds like it was a gutsy move in a desperate situation. Glad it turned out safe for the family.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow good for him! Lucky too! I wouldn't have even given them a chance. If someone is in my house with a gun and it's not me, they're getting shot no question, and no delay or chance. Not going to question his judgment though. Looked like a small house and sounds like Josh (his son?) might have been in the way so maybe he didn't have a clear shot. Either way, he wins, family safe, BG's lose. Nice work.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Thats great that they made it through that confrontation. He talked more than I might have but the happy ending is still a happy ending.

·
Registered
317 Posts
This seems to be happening alot more these days. Crime is on the rise and so are shot bad guys.....

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
+1 Good!

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
I wonder what kind of gun and caliber/gauge it was. The guy said it was his mother's gun.

·
Registered
609 Posts
i hope he atleast hit one of the men and i hope he is somewhere bleeding to death

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Thats great that they made it through that confrontation. He talked more than I might have but the happy ending is still a happy ending.
+1 Ichy

I am delighted that the BG was stopped. But the principle is that if a situation warrants use of deadly force and you pick up a gun, don't talk... use it or you may well end up dead. Like Tuco said in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly... When you have to shoot, shoot... don't talk.
;););)

·
Registered
341 Posts
+1 Ichy

I am delighted that the BG was stopped. But the principle is that if a situation warrants use of deadly force and you pick up a gun, don't talk... use it or you may well end up dead. Like Tuco said in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly... When you have to shoot, shoot... don't talk.
;););)
+1

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
This seems to be happening alot more these days. Crime is on the rise and so are shot bad guys.....
+1

Have you guys notice how much more people are saying, when interviewed by the news, "I understand why they did it, with the economy so bad and being out of work" Frightening.

I don't think most of them mean it is right, but that they understand why people are reverting to crime. :-(

·
Registered
168 Posts
"I understand why they did it, with the economy so bad and being out of work" Frightening.

I don't think most of them mean it is right, but that they understand why people are reverting to crime.

I think they are saying that to try to grapple with their own victimhood and for the thoughts they have had about the robbers and wanting to kill them. It is a horrible ethical position for most persons to be put in. They want to believe that people are generally good and that they were not vicitimized because of evil and selfishness but because of "circumstances."

Bad stuff happens to good people because bad stuff happens in this world and often bad people are behind it, recession or no recession.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Shoot enough bad guys and crime will go down, either from bad guys getting the hint that it's a good way to die, or from a sudden, acute shortage of bad guys :)

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Luckily the situation in the first story turned out well. If I were put in a situation where armed men broke into my house with family in it, there'd be no hesitation, I'd act as quickly and safely as possible. Maybe he didn't have a good shot. But if I had to decide between the possibility of jail or a member of my family getting hurt, I'd happily skip off to jail.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts