Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone had a great day at the outdoor range this weekend with my family and friends.

I think I am one of the lucky guys whose wife likes shooting as much as, if not more than, I do. A date night for us usually involves pulling a couple guns out of the safe and heading to a shooting range before going to dinner or wherever we decide to go. Over the last few years, we have built up what I feel is a nice little collection of firearms (handguns, rifles and shotguns) for home protection and family shooting fun. However, this is actually the first time that we have gone out and taken everything out with us.

A couple of highlights for me were;

Watching my son (13) get accustomed to shooting the .357 revolver. He had been a little apprehensive in the past and usually would only shoot a few rounds and go back to his .22 rifle (M&P 15-22) or one of the 9mm pistols. This trip he took the revolver and about 100 rounds up and shot through all of them. His groupings were pretty good towards then end and he was really comfortable with the recoil.

I was really proud to see my daughter (8) out shoot the older boys, and some adults, with the 15-22 rifle. She walked up, rolled out a towel, laid prone, took aim and hit just about any target anyone called out for her to hit. This was her first time shooting from the prone position, but she took right to it. This trip was also her first time shooing my XDm 9. She asked if she could shoot it and put all 19 rounds in the silhouette at 30 feet.

All in all, we, my family, shot through roughly 1200 rounds of 9mm, 900 rounds of .223, 1200 rounds of .22LR, 200 rounds of .357, and 500 rounds of 12 gauge. This is not including the ammo that our friends brought and fired in their guns. The only issues for the whole day were one miss feed on our M&P 9c, and about 5 miss feeds with the M&P 15-22. No issues happened with the XDm 9mm, the Beretta 9mm, the Ruger .357, either of the AR-15 rifles or shotguns.
I am looking forward to the next trip when we get to bring out everything again for a full day’s worth of shooting.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Sounds like a good day!

I also spent a few hours with my brother-in-law and a nephew this weekend at the range so I can relate somewhat. We shot 7 pistols and a rifle and sent approximately 1,000 rounds down range. My wife (who also loves to shoot) had to stay home with our daughter who is just 7 yo. I think she will be ready for the 22LR (rifle and pistol) this summer :D.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Holy Moly! That was a great family day out! Hate to hear how much all that ammo cost, but it was probably well worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts