Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a springfield commander size 1911 with 3 6 round mags, brand new thin wood grips, ported barrel and slide at my lgs. Also has light weight alloy frame, black slide and Novak sights (black on black). He is asking 599 before tax and gun has a small idiot scratch and scratched around end of slide and around bull barrel part of slide. The gun looked good internal and the trigger was slightly heavier than my .45 acp loaded model (one at lgs is a v10 model in a .45 acp). The guy behind the counter said that the work was done at the springfield factory. He said it was bought new with the ported barrel and slide so it's a older model that I'm guessing, didn't think to ask the year on it. Was wondering if 600 was a fair price.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
It would help if you had the model number and a photo. It appears that you looked at a 1911 A-1 Ultra Compact V10 Lightweight Ported manufactured for a couple of years starting in 1999. There is also the V10 Super Tuned Ported and the Ultra Compact V10 Ported that have the Novak sights but I not sure if those came with a lightweight frames. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can narrow down the specific gun.

However, looking at the prices in the Blue Book of Gun Values, the $600 figure is in the ballpark if the condition is 95% or higher. This source trends on the reserved side.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Some of those V10's were known to be a bit finicky, usually related to the recoil spring, so if you do get it it would be worth looking into getting Wolff springs for it, and be sure to stick with the factory tension.

If he's asking $599 for it he probably paid around $400, so if you offer $500 cash you might end up with a really sweet deal. And the nice thing is that it's a Springfield, so if you have any issues with it they might still honor the warranty, even if you're not the original owner.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I offered him 500 and he said no. Ended up leaving and wanted to get a second option. I have had a bad experience with this lgs but a buddy of mine talked me into going in with him. I hate to deal with them but interested in the gun. I may just wait and see if he has it in a couple of weeks and go from there.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
I've learned to avoid bad lgs's like the plague. I'd rather pay a little more and put some profit into a decent dealer's pocket than help a jerk make a buck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts