Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on getting a m1 and Garand and wonder what would be a fair price for one in good condition?

·
Registered
17,820 Posts
CMP they are going for decent at around $695 for Field grade rifles...service grade run $895

Rifle Sales

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
get with the CMP. you can get a very nice garand for 500-700.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I paid $700 for mine a year ago (Nov. 2010) and the only thing I had to replace to make it all correct was the bolt, the heat lot # wasn't correct for the year of the gun. I got the bolt for $60 and sold my bolt for $60 so I think I did very good. It's an awesome shooter to boot. It's not collector grade by any means but it is all correct for the year of manufacture.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
:(Man, I remember when the CMP Garands were $225. And you could get your pick off the rack.
Hmm,. $195 for mine, but I got what they sent way back when. It has since been rebuilt to a NM, it was in terrible shape. A great shooting piece of history.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Good condition is very often ones persons opinion. Just because it looks good on the outside doesn't mean a thing on how it shoots or how close it's tolerances are. If your looking for an M1 that is in the best posible good condition and has been checked over by people who know what there talking about then talk to CMP and buy the best possible M1 you can afford.

There's allot of M1's out there selling for some big money that aren't worth it. I've been offered $400 more than my M1 is worth. I won't sell it for what it's worth, and I won't rip somone else off just because I could. Not everyone feels that way though so be careful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts