Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just contacted the SA Custom shop to see if they have the Failzero Exo coating available for a custom XDM. I currently have the G19 Exo and absolutely LOVE it. It is truly fail zero.

How many of your out there would buy one?

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
How many of your out there would buy one?
I would be interested if they offer that finish. I had two XD(M)s and a SC finished in Armory Koting and thinking about a 3.8 Compact in Nickle or Teflon and an EMP in all black Armory Koted.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spoke with the folks over at the SA custom shop and they are seriously looking into it. They may even offer it as a special edition run as well. The funny thing is that the Failzero coating from what I have found is not that much more expensive to implement than any of the other coatings out there. Tomorrow I am going to try and break my record of 1k rounds without cleaning or lube through my Exo coated Glock. The more I use this coating the more I love it. The only thing I wish is that they made a Ruger 10/22 coated in it. LOL

·
Registered
90 Posts
Does anyone know of a place that does this coating? I have a bolt from my shotgun that I wanted to get hard chromed to match my AR, but this looks like a much better option!

·
Registered
89 Posts
UCT does the coatings on FailZero stuff. I believe they are actually the same organization, UCT Arms being a branch of the primary, at least that's what the websites lead me to believe.
UCT Coatings

I have some pieces there (or headed back) now.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'd definitely be interested

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Contact Us | UCT Coatings

Contact Us

Mailing Address

7825 SW Ellipse Way
Stuart, FL 34997
Fax: 772-223-9996
Information Request Form

Customer information survey
Email

[email protected]
Phone Numbers

Accounting Office: 1-772-872-7128
Arms: 1-772-872-7104
Customer Service: 1-772-872-7116
Forestry: 1-772-872-7126
Government Sales: 1-571-436-3287
Human Resources: 1-772-872-7110
Oil & Gas: 1-772-872-7113
Technology & Engineering: 1-772-872-7136

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quickdraw how did you get your guns coated? I thought they stopped doing coatings on individual pistols.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Oh? Didn't know they weren't doing individual guns. I sent mine along with a batch of other parts to be coated for my employer, so I didn't personally have contact with anyone there.

It came out great though! I've used/abused parts coated there before and it's an unbelievably tough coating. Now I have to figure out how to get 'er all back together.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Got mine done by failzero, which is the same company as UCT coatings. I actually went to their factory, they showed me all the equipment and machinery, which I must say, was amazing. Got my xdm custom coated.
20150614_230940~2.jpg
20150614_231246.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
And wmd and exo are different. Wmd is sent out to a factory that works with car parts, EXO is all done in house. Wmd was actually started by an ex employee of failzero.

·
21,985 Posts
Does it really require no lube?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts