Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.. so back from my 3rd day at the range with my new xd40.. and ive had 3 failures to feed .. usually the first or second round in the mag.. and only if i load the clip fully (usually load 5 at a time for sake of trying to "waste" time) is there some thing i can do to prevent this.. or should i just wait for the "break in" if any.. ive put about 700 rds through it and only had the 3 .. maybe im catching the slide lock???. any help is appreciated..

also has anyone heard any pros/cons from laser mate laser sights?... they have a laser with two super bright leds for illumination for 69 dollars.. not a quick release though. ok so con #1 :cry:
the web site is http://www.lasermate.com/aimer.html if anyone needs a visual.. or is interested also.. ok wow.. i type WAY too much..

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
the slide does it lock open? or is the round stove pipe loads part way but jams thier is a big post of how to fix premature lock open have you oiled the feed ramp some pople in here will beat you up for not searching when using the search check match all words It will work better

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the pointers.. and yes it does just lock open.. sorry if i have left a bad impression on anyone. ill keep that in mind for my next post.. and try not to bug to many people.. :( i have no excuses.. im young, dumb, and i guess alittle too anxious/excited. ill cool it for you guys. 8)

·
Registered
607 Posts
No need to cool it. Asking questions and discussing problems is main benefit of this Forum. If anyone beats you up for not doing an exhaustive search before asking a question, just tell 'em to stick it . . . er, just ignore them. There are plenty of helpful folks here. Welcome to the Family.

Some have had problems with the cartridge jamming on the feed ramp and the barrel throat -- and not going all the way in. This is what I think of when somebody says "failure-to-feed". There have also been some discussions on the slide locking back (open) when it shouldn't. I don't call that FTF. Premature slide lockback can be caused by your thumb actually touching the lockback lever while firing. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
When chambering your first round, don't baby the slide home. You let spring action do the work. Pull all the way back on the slide and let go.

Sounds like your thumb is working it's way up on the slide lock and accidentally locking the slide open before you are through. Try to be aware of your thumb placement.

After you are through loading your magazine, firmly tap the back of the mag on the heel part of you palm or some other semi-hard surface. Doing this seems to set all the rounds towards the back of the mag and helps line up the rounds for shooting.

Good luck, shoot safe.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
R/T Performance said:
HOpe this link works my sub did this once turned out i was jamming the mag up do the bullet check in here
http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=15563&highlight=lock+open
Man that search feture can be a real pain in the #ss :D
Better you wasting your time, than us wasting ours for threads that are rehashed every other day.

P.S. I am not saying this thread is a waste, but in general why you can get bitched at to do a search

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you all for your help.. i went to the range again today.. and yes.. my thumb is "roaming" sorry to take up your time.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
canter6 said:
sorry to take up your time.
no bigee, there are new guys here all the time. good luck! :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts