Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any specific cartridges that you've had problems with? Today i had 5 FTF's and 1 complete slide lock up in one box of Independence 180gr with my brand new tactical 40. I shot 3 other brands without incident.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Never heard of Independence ammo before, and maybe you should forget you have ever heard of it also if it dosen't work, and the other brands you tried do work for you. I shoot my reloads, and Federal Hydra-Shocks. Just stick with the ones that do work.

·
Registered
112 Posts
independence is made by CCI/Speer .. I like it .. it is cheap and good ammo... but if you can get denel from south africa it is good cheap ammo but it smells like an old stale basement when you shoot it.

Info taken from Northwest loading supplies
New Products from . .CCI/Speer Independence™ CENTERFIRE AMMUNITION Ammunition Independence ammunition is manufactured using modern processes and new components specifically designed to offer lower cost, high value ammunition for target practice and recreational shooting. It is sourced from qualified manufacturers who comply with all dimensional and performance standards adopted by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers Institute (SAAMI). Independence ammunition provides a reliable and price competitive alternative to military surplus and off-shore sources that do not adhere to American industry standards.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
i have shot 100rnds of Independence.... no problems

i have shot roughly 11000 rounds of: WWB, Remington UMC, Federal American Eagle, with no malfunctions caused by the ammo.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I shot about two hundred rounds of Independence no problem. I've shot about eight hundred of Remington UMC and had over ten FTF. Maybe it's my feedramp, but ten+ rounds is a lot. I'm gona upgrade to better amo. Maybe it'll help you too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts