Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've shot 600 rounds through my .40 Tactical since I've had it, and only shoot WWB & UMC through it at the range. I just went to the range this weekend and had FTE every 3 rounds consitently when shooting WWB. After switching to UMC it was flawless like it always has been. I use to have feeding problems when the gun was new but that was do to the magazines being so stiff. Does anyone have any suggestions about what is my prob. Should I open up the mag lips a bit? The shell was not stuck in the pipe. The slide would just stay back (not locked back) and the next round in the mag would be holding the slide back while the spent casing was left in the pipe. I would just drop the mag and rack the slide to get the casing out but this was scary to me as this has never happened before & I just started to carry it.
Thanks.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems to be that the extractor needs retentioning. I will run the extractor dry first and see if this helps. It's just wierd as the gun only has about 600 rnds of life and shot flawless until now with the WWB. I also found a guy saying it could have been the WWB casing itself being crap, which he has had happen. Also out of the 2 hi-cap mags I have, one of them fed perfect with the last 50 rnds. Anyone have any insight on making the extractor have a more positive camber? I assume this means bending the extractor downward, (positive) is this correct?
Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
this seems typical. the lip on the wwb casing isnt as pronounced as other brands of ammo. most new guns will run the wwb fine until the xtractor gets broken in, then they have problems. swtich the federal or cci.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that reply. I won't cry if I can't shoot WWB, I just want to shoot UMC at the range and my Starfire or Speer for carry which have never been a prob. I'll examine the extractor tonight when I get home and keep you all posted.
Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts