Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an XD9 sub last month and took it shooting over the weekend. I picked up a ton of UMC, and some Gold Dots. I figured fire a few hundered of the UMC to get a feel for it, and then about 100 GD's since that is what I intend to carry. Well about 75 rounds into it, a fired cartridge did not eject and tried to feed a live round behind it. I stopped, cleared it, looked and didn't see anything. I fired another 75 or so and it happened again. When i changed to the GD's I had no problems. Any ideas? (I know, quit shooting junk ammo!) Is this a common issue? When I got home I stipped it down and cleaned and lubed everything well, and I could see no reason for it. Thanks in advance, and this has to be the best gun site I've seen!!!!

By the way, it was using the factory 10 round mag when it happened.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have hear a few people complain of FTFeeds and FTEjects with the UMC and also PMC ammo brands due to larger than normal case mouths.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i had the same thing happen when i usd sellier and bellot. my xd9 would fte every 3 rounds. i've also noticed after a good day of use the ejector wil have alot of gunk in it. so i clean it real good with a q-tip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts