Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had to adjust their sights when they first got their xd's? I am shooting to the left, but I don't know if it is me or the sights. I am grouping fine, but this is my first pistol with this type of action, so it could be me just needing to get used to it. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Try letting someone else (hopefully an experienced shooter) shoot your gun to see where the bullets impact. When I got a CZ 75 after many years of being without a gun, "it" shot low-left consistently. However, when a friend shot it, it was dead-on. Needless to say, I realized that I needed to practice! Although this may not be true for you, it may be worth checking out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Tankery, are you a 1911 shooter by chance? When I first tried the XD, the longer trigger travel caused me to jerk shots left. I concentrated on front sight picture and follow through and quit trying to squeeze the shot off and got better results.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am also shooting to the left. I have a Ruger P89 (9mm). I am extremely accurate with this gun. I just purchased the XD 40 service. I don't shoot low, but I consistently shoot to the left of center. I have only put about 350 rounds through it, but I was assuming all I needed was practice. I am going to give myself a while to get used to the gun.

·
Registered
607 Posts
If the front and rear sights look centered (measure if you want), then they don't need adjusting. Most right handers new to the XD will shoot a little low and left until they get their grip adjusted/firmed up and their flinching under control. Part of it is just getting used to the trigger. Also be sure you are pulling the trigger with the pad of your finger and not the first knuckle.

Just my $0.02. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts