Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be old news to some but my local dealer never told me about the program. As a competition shooter I needed extra magazines and magazine holder for my new XDm 9. I called customer service at the factory and the rep told me to go to Springfield Armory Gear Up Promo Site and there is a form to mail back in. You get two free magazines and a magazine holder for you pistol. I only had to buy 1 extra magazine to be competition ready.

What a sweet deal that is!!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I downloaded the Springfield "Gear Up Program" from their website. I have a question for those of you that have submitted the form. What did you enter for the "Date of Redemption? I'm thinking that may be the date I am mailing the form off. Also, the form states to allow 6-8 weeks to process the coupon. About how long did it really take to get your two clips and clip pouch?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I downloaded the Springfield "Gear Up Program" from their website. I have a question for those of you that have submitted the form. What did you enter for the #1"Date of Redemption? I'm thinking that may be the date I am mailing the form off. Also, the form states to allow 6-8 weeks to process the coupon. About how long did it really take to get your two #2 clips and clip pouch?
#1 I believe that would be the purchase date of your XD.

#2 Also before you get hit by the mag nazi's, around these parts we call 'em magazines not clips. Calling them clips can get you in trouble. Just a friendly warning.

#3 Welcome to the forum and enjoy that new XD!!!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
#1 I believe that would be the purchase date of your XD.

#2 Also before you get hit by the mag nazi's, around these parts we call 'em magazines not clips. Calling them clips can get you in trouble. Just a friendly warning.

#3 Welcome to the forum and enjoy that new XD!!!!
Thanks for the info! I'll try to avoid upsetting the mag nazi's. Help me to understand the problem calling mags a different name. See, I'm already getting better.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Don't know why it would be 6 to 8 weeks. My guess is with everything going on in the country, everyone is probably real busy. I am guessing that Springfield released the 9mm XDM with enough mags in stock to get the gun out there. The extra mags are probably in the production phase as of now. I haven't noticed any 9mm XDM mags on any of the gun sites yet either. Sent an email to Springfield and will probably get a reply Monday on whether spare mags are available for sale right now.

I don't have an XDM 9mm but plan on getting one before Jan 20,2009. Would like to get my hands on some extra mags while they are available.

If anyone knows if anyone has them yet, please let us know.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was at the gun show in West Palm Beach yesterday. I got there right when it opened and there was not a single XDm 9mm mag to be found. All of the large dealers as well as the "magazine guys" said that they cannot get them from Springfield yet. They all said that they were hopeful that they will start appearing in the next few weeks.

I did see about 15 XDm 9mms though. I think 3 different dealers had them. Interestingly enough, only 4 XDm 40s though - only one dealer had those.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts