Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone makes an extended slide release kinda like the ones for a glock. when i 2-hand the pistol my strong hand thumb rubs on the stock one. i can prevent my thumb from rubbing if i tuck my thumb under my weak hand thumb instead of keeping them in-line like i have learned and practiced for years...

i am thinking of trying to just gring the stock stop down some and try to bend it out, but really do not wanr to do that...

Does anyone know of an aftermarket solution?

thanks all!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Joseph Humphrey said:
i was wondering if anyone makes an extended slide release kinda like the ones for a glock. when i 2-hand the pistol my strong hand thumb rubs on the stock one. i can prevent my thumb from rubbing if i tuck my thumb under my weak hand thumb instead of keeping them in-line like i have learned and practiced for years...

i am thinking of trying to just gring the stock stop down some and try to bend it out, but really do not wanr to do that...

thanks all!
I personally don't know of an extended slide release, but it seems like even if there was one I don't understand how it will help you when the stock one is already getting in your way.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
When I had my Pistol chromed, Virgil Tripp took my stock one and welded more onto it, which really helped.

·
Registered
277 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
When I had my Pistol chromed, Virgil Tripp took my stock one and welded more onto it, which really helped.
AJ do you have a pic? how durable is the hard chrome any way?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
glfpunk said:
Joseph Humphrey said:

thanks all!
I personally don't know of an extended slide release, but it seems like even if there was one I don't understand how it will help you when the stock one is already getting in your way.

what i was trying to get at was i wanted it "smaller" height wise but sitcking out more at the top. Kinda like the glock extended slide releases are... my thumb rubs on the bottom of the stock release...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts