Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
If you're talking about extended mags like the 16 rd mag that comes with the XDm.40 Compact, I like them, as well as the flush mag if it has a Pearce Grip Extension. If you're talking about extended mags like the guy used on his Glock in the Arizona shooting, I think they look retarded.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I agree that the WAY extended mags are retarded.
I run 18 rnd in my XD service. they fit the hand great. They are Mec-gar

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
ive been thinking about getting a mec gar 18 mag. seen a vid were a guy did something with the basepad to make it fit 20. hows the mec gar running in your xd, any problems?

·
Registered
53 Posts
the pierce grip extension makes it feel a lot better but its only a tiny bit smaller than just running the oe mag with the extension but thats just my $0.02

·
Registered
464 Posts
ive been thinking about getting a mec gar 18 mag. seen a vid were a guy did something with the basepad to make it fit 20. hows the mec gar running in your xd, any problems?
It works great. feels great and feeds great.
It also has a very small but noticeably bigger lip on the front bottom, that makes the fit real nice in the hand.
I like the better than the OEM XD,s Shop around, there are some great deals to be had.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
The OP is limited to a 10-round mag, so he's asking whether he should use a flush-fit 10-round mag or an extended 10-round mag.

I'm assuming that you have either an XD9 subcompact or an XD45 compact. I would go with the flush-fit mag for either one; if it's the XD9, then I would add a Pearce grip extension.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
For me, it's not so much about looks, but form and function. The flush mag or a flush mag with a pinky extension is much easier to conceal than a full length mag. For me, the gun seems to balance better with the less "butt weight" of a short mag.

I carry an XD9SC with a flush 13 round mag and a Pearce pinky extension.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts