Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, around a year ago I started looking on the market for extended magazines for the XDm. Aftermarket mags, or just extended basepads that added capacity to a normal SA magazine. The only ones I could find around the time were the 140mm and 170mm extension from PistolGear and the Arrendondo(I think) extension.

Now, months and months later, I'm still stuck in the same situation. I don't want anything overly large. Just a few extra rounds would be great. I tried to purchase the extensions from PistolGear but as long as I've known about their site, the basepads have been out of stock. The Arrendondo ones, I'm not so sure about, so no purchase.

Basically what I'm asking is, is there any other options I don't know about? PistolGear seems like I don't have a chance. Thanks ahead of time.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I've had the Arredondo extensions on my gun for several years and am very pleased with them. Good quality and tight fit. You can get them from several vendors of straight from the Arredondo website.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had the Arredondo extensions on my gun for several years and am very pleased with them. Good quality and tight fit. You can get them from several vendors of straight from the Arredondo website.
On an XDM? If so, pictures please if you have any.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
So, around a year ago I started looking on the market for extended magazines for the XDm. Aftermarket mags, or just extended basepads that added capacity to a normal SA magazine. The only ones I could find around the time were the 140mm and 170mm extension from PistolGear and the Arrendondo(I think) extension.

Now, months and months later, I'm still stuck in the same situation. I don't want anything overly large. Just a few extra rounds would be great. I tried to purchase the extensions from PistolGear but as long as I've known about their site, the basepads have been out of stock. The Arrendondo ones, I'm not so sure about, so no purchase.

Basically what I'm asking is, is there any other options I don't know about? PistolGear seems like I don't have a chance. Thanks ahead of time.
Springfield XD - AGP Arms, Inc. Store

don

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
+1 on Canyon Creek 140mm extensions for the XDm.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks, but I need ones for the XDm, not the normal XD. Only ones they have are for the XDm .45.

I'm leaning toward the Arredondo. The Canyon Creek don't match the gun whatsoever. They look like they have a shine to them so I don't really like them.
I just put three of them on my XDm 45. They work fine. I'm not sure why other vendors say they won't work - I know, something about the frame - but what?

Anyway, get the AGP +3 Extenders. I took a quick picture after I put mine on last night.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Because unlike the smaller caliber magazines, the .45 ACP XD and XDm magazines are interchangeable. (Right? Or am I losing it?)
If you go to Springfield-armory.com and check out their store, the part number for the 13 round XD 45 is the same part number for the XDm.

I really liked the Pearce extensions, but I found them before I discovered the AGP's. I almost ordered some, but checked their website and they said they don't fit XDm's because of a difference in the frame. I have no idea what that difference is.

I talked to the guys at AGP and they sell the same grip extensions for XD's or XDm's. They're also local to the Phoenix area, so I ordered them will-call online and didn't even have to pay for shipping.

The modified magazine is harder to seat properly and took a couple of smacks before I got it in right. The spring is 20% stronger and proportionally longer to account for the added space and to get those last 3 rounds to load properly. AGP tells you to expect that when they're new, in their literature.

I've not shot using the modified clips yet, but plan to soon and don't foresee any problem. The feel of loading and unloading the mags before and after feels the same to me, except for those last 3 rounds. Round 14 is not as bad as the old round 13, round 15 is about the same as the old round 13, round 16 is noticebly harder to load. I only use the factory loader to load the mags since my hands aren't as strong as they used to be. And it's easier and faster! I did just order a Butler Creek Magula Universal upLULA. That looks even better.

Also, don't trying loading 17 rounds, like some sites have suggested might work. AGP say's, "No, it won't hold +4" and I don't see how you could get another round to fit.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm sorry, I must have posted this information elsewhere in the forum.

Reporting back on the AGP extensions - they work great. Not any problems whatsoever. 16 rounds per magazine and you just keep shooting until you get tired.

I've got 3 16 round mags now, so I can shoot nearly a full box of ammo in a ridiculously short amount of time.

The only downside is the length of the extensions, but at the range I didn't find that a problem. I don't think it's a wise carry option.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.